Know which Caribbean islands require a driving permit.
Several Caribbean islands require a temporary local driving permit for car rental. Anguilla, Antigua, Barbados, the BVI, Cayman Islands, Dominca, Grenada, St. Kitts, St. Lucia and St. Vincent, and the Grenadines require you to present your valid driver's license and pay a small fee to obtain a local driving permit. An International Driving Permit (available from AAA) is sufficient on St. Lucia and St. Vincent.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- $1281 & up -- Iceland Escape incl. Northern Lights & AirGreat Value Vacations
- $188 & up -- 4-Star Costa Rica Resort w/$60 Credit, Save 20%The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal
- $629 & up -- Cozumel All-Incl. Escape w/Air; Kids Stay FreeCheapCaribbean.com
- $115 -- Savannah 4-Star Resort incl. Room Upgrade, 50% OffWestin Savannah Harbor Resort & Spa
- $719 & up -- Sheraton Kauai 3-Night Vacations w/AirPleasant Holidays
- $589 & up -- Cancun All-Incl. 4-Nt. Vacation; Kids Stay FreeCheapCaribbean.com
* Some taxes, fees additional