If you eat only one thing in El Salvador, make it a pupusa.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
I tried Pupusas at a very nice place located in a district called Antiguo Cuscatlan. My guide insisted this was the best (or one of the best) place in El Salvador to try the Pupusas. I tried the cheese ones and the "Mixed", the cabbage called curtido is really good, I could have eaten that with a spoon! I contacted my guide at elsalvadorcustomtours.com
It's the national dish. The papusareas are usually very small, but dependable. Doubt Obama made a stop!!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $489 & up -- Southern Ireland Self-Drive TourTourism Ireland
- $474 -- Celebrity 4-Night Bahamas Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $165 & up -- Bermuda Hotel Sale w/Free Nights, up to 65% OffBermuda Tourism Authority
- $19 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel & Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxury Caribbean Cruises on Windstar, 50% OffWindstar Cruises
- $67-$104 -- Vegas: New 4-Star Resort on The Strip, Save 25%SLS Las Vegas