If you eat only one thing in El Salvador, make it a pupusa.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
I tried Pupusas at a very nice place located in a district called Antiguo Cuscatlan. My guide insisted this was the best (or one of the best) place in El Salvador to try the Pupusas. I tried the cheese ones and the "Mixed", the cabbage called curtido is really good, I could have eaten that with a spoon! I contacted my guide at elsalvadorcustomtours.com
It's the national dish. The papusareas are usually very small, but dependable. Doubt Obama made a stop!!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best Ramen Shops in the U.S.
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $229 & up -- Oceanview: 4-Night Spring Baja Mexico CruiseCarnival Cruise Line
- $159 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $149-$159 -- Puerto Rico: Old Town San Juan HotelSheraton Old San Juan
- $52 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotel and Resort Spring SaleVisit Myrtle Beach
- $89 -- Orlando Hotel w/Breakfast and Upgrade, 50% OffBest Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
- $1367 & up -- 5-Night Rio de Janeiro Escorted Trip w/AirLatinEscapes.com