If you eat only one thing in El Salvador, make it a pupusa.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
I tried Pupusas at a very nice place located in a district called Antiguo Cuscatlan. My guide insisted this was the best (or one of the best) place in El Salvador to try the Pupusas. I tried the cheese ones and the "Mixed", the cabbage called curtido is really good, I could have eaten that with a spoon! I contacted my guide at elsalvadorcustomtours.com
It's the national dish. The papusareas are usually very small, but dependable. Doubt Obama made a stop!!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $149* & up -- Ends 10/26: Mexico Fares into Winter, O/WVirgin America
- $139-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $329-$379 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 45%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood
- $2583* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $3009 -- Vietnam: 7-Night Escorted Vacation w/Air & MealsSinorama Holidays