If you eat only one thing in El Salvador, make it a pupusa.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
I tried Pupusas at a very nice place located in a district called Antiguo Cuscatlan. My guide insisted this was the best (or one of the best) place in El Salvador to try the Pupusas. I tried the cheese ones and the "Mixed", the cabbage called curtido is really good, I could have eaten that with a spoon! I contacted my guide at elsalvadorcustomtours.com
It's the national dish. The papusareas are usually very small, but dependable. Doubt Obama made a stop!!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- $189 & up -- Tucson 4-Diamond Resort in Spring, Save 30%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $99 -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 50% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $189-$219 -- 4-Star Downtown Nashville Hotel, Save 40%Sheraton Nashville Downtown
- $4549 -- Australia Outback, Reef & Melbourne Escape w/AirAspire Down Under
- $210 -- Puerto Rico: Vieques Island Resort, 50% OffPuerto Rico Tourism Company
- $135 -- Weekends at Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Dallas Hotel