If you eat only one thing in El Salvador, make it a pupusa.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
I tried Pupusas at a very nice place located in a district called Antiguo Cuscatlan. My guide insisted this was the best (or one of the best) place in El Salvador to try the Pupusas. I tried the cheese ones and the "Mixed", the cabbage called curtido is really good, I could have eaten that with a spoon! I contacted my guide at elsalvadorcustomtours.com
It's the national dish. The papusareas are usually very small, but dependable. Doubt Obama made a stop!!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Best Beach Getaways for 2015
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $1899 -- Sydney & Brisbane Getaway w/4-Star AirQantas Vacations
- $1799 -- Sydney & Melbourne Vacation w/4-Star Air, $1050 OffQantas Vacations
- $127 & up -- SF: Fisherman's Wharf Hotel w/Wi-Fi, Reg. $195BookIt.com
- $659 & up -- Cabo San Lucas All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $135 -- Seattle 4-Diamond Hotel incl. Valentine's DayThe Westin Seattle
- $1999 -- Australia's Rainforest & Wine Country w/4-Star AirQantas Vacations