Buy Mexican silver like a pro with these shopping tricks.
Real silver is weightier and is marked ".925" (indicating a silver content of at least 92.5%) for sterling and ".950" (at least 95% silver content) for finer pieces. When size permits, the manufacturer’s name and the word "Mexico" should also appear.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Good to know, thanks!!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $90 -- Brand New: Panama City Downtown Hotel, Save 35%Hyatt Place Panama City Downtown
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1140 & up -- Barcelona & Rome 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1965 & up -- Sydney, Melbourne & Auckland 9 Nights w/AirTripMasters.com
- $5795* & up -- Business Class Flights for 2 on Luxe AirlineQatar Airways
- $1469 & up -- London & Paris 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
* Some taxes, fees additional