Buy Mexican silver like a pro with these shopping tricks.
Real silver is weightier and is marked ".925" (indicating a silver content of at least 92.5%) for sterling and ".950" (at least 95% silver content) for finer pieces. When size permits, the manufacturer’s name and the word "Mexico" should also appear.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Good to know, thanks!!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina, Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- 15 Most Breathtaking World Heritage Sites
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $719 & up -- 7-Night Canada & New England Cruise, $575 OffRoyal Caribbean
- $1179 & up -- Big Island & Kauai 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelTripMasters.com
- $3999 -- 12-Night South America Cruise on Oceania incl. AirOceania Cruises
- $649 & up -- Jamaica 4-Nt. All-Incl. Luxury Escape, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $579 & up -- Hawaii 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $279 & up -- Oceanview: 4-Night Cruise to Cozumel, 40% OffRoyal Caribbean
* Some taxes, fees additional