From Fodor's New York City, 1985
"New Yorkers . . . are ever wary of the jostler, the pickpocket, the hustler, the hit-and-run thief, the modern-day equivalent of the conman out to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge. The sophisticated traveler, of course, is ever ready for some version of the hustle—and not just on the disco dance floor. So do be careful."
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
1985? 25 years after and New York is still the place to hustle - and not just on disco floor indeed!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $772* & up -- Nationwide Winter Fares to Europe, RoundtripAir France
- $1025 & up -- Waikiki 4-Star, 5-Night Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $1125 & up -- Paris & Barcelona 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $149 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $254 & up -- South Florida: Delray Beach Hotel, Save 35%Delray Beach Marriott
- $171 & up -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
* Some taxes, fees additional