Japan Travel News: New Flight Cancellation Policies
- All Nippon Airways: Charges/Fees Waiver Policies
- American Airlines: Japan Travel Policy
- Continental: Japan Re-accommodations
- Delta: Japan Travel Advisory
- Japan Air: International Flights Update
- United: Japan Travel Waiver
From the ForumsHere are some thoughts on whether or not to change Japan plans, from well-traveled members on our Asia Forum. "Right now (that is, this week) is pretty certainly not the time to be visiting Japan, as much as one would want to show support for the country." —rizzuto "I keep telling myself 'it will be better by then' but now I'm starting to wonder . . . Yes, we were planning to go mid-April, but I would like to decide in the next week or so." —Kristina "After much thought and back and forth, we've decided to forgo our trip to Japan in early April to a later date (possibly next year?)" —filmwill "I'm up in the air also as I am supposed to leave in a little over two weeks - even though I am going straight to Kyoto . . . I will end up in Tokyo for a couple of days - that will be almost the middle of April."—Mara "We have been planning a 5-week May/June trip for several months . . . We're pretty patient (love that British "keep calm and carry on" attitude) and usually take a wait-and-see approach . . .[but] we regretfully decided tonight to cancel the northern Honshu part of our trip"—aprillilacs Are you changing your upcoming Japan plans?
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
My son and I have his high school graduation trip planned from June 5th-21st in Japan. We are waiting to see what happens daily and since we are flying with Continental we are also waiting to see what they do with our flights. I have told him to come up with alternative countries to visit, unfortunately. We have been looking forward to going to Japan, but we are so sad to see what the Japanese people are going through right now!
We purchased our tickets for 2 weeks in Japan just last week for August with SQ. I don't want to cancel because of the heavy penality but I think I will have to.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- World's 10 Best Art Fairs
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- 10 Artists' Homes You Can Visit
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $119 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $199 & up -- Baltimore 4-Star Inner Harbor Hotel, 40% OffSheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
- $152 & up -- New Mexico 4-Star Resort, Save 60%El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Seattle
- $3799 & up -- Australia: Ayers Rock & Sydney Escape w/AirDown Under Endeavours
- $131 & up -- Alabama: 4-Star Birmingham Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Birmingham