Japan Travel News: New Flight Cancellation Policies
- All Nippon Airways: Charges/Fees Waiver Policies
- American Airlines: Japan Travel Policy
- Continental: Japan Re-accommodations
- Delta: Japan Travel Advisory
- Japan Air: International Flights Update
- United: Japan Travel Waiver
From the ForumsHere are some thoughts on whether or not to change Japan plans, from well-traveled members on our Asia Forum. "Right now (that is, this week) is pretty certainly not the time to be visiting Japan, as much as one would want to show support for the country." —rizzuto "I keep telling myself 'it will be better by then' but now I'm starting to wonder . . . Yes, we were planning to go mid-April, but I would like to decide in the next week or so." —Kristina "After much thought and back and forth, we've decided to forgo our trip to Japan in early April to a later date (possibly next year?)" —filmwill "I'm up in the air also as I am supposed to leave in a little over two weeks - even though I am going straight to Kyoto . . . I will end up in Tokyo for a couple of days - that will be almost the middle of April."—Mara "We have been planning a 5-week May/June trip for several months . . . We're pretty patient (love that British "keep calm and carry on" attitude) and usually take a wait-and-see approach . . .[but] we regretfully decided tonight to cancel the northern Honshu part of our trip"—aprillilacs Are you changing your upcoming Japan plans?
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
My son and I have his high school graduation trip planned from June 5th-21st in Japan. We are waiting to see what happens daily and since we are flying with Continental we are also waiting to see what they do with our flights. I have told him to come up with alternative countries to visit, unfortunately. We have been looking forward to going to Japan, but we are so sad to see what the Japanese people are going through right now!
We purchased our tickets for 2 weeks in Japan just last week for August with SQ. I don't want to cancel because of the heavy penality but I think I will have to.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 10 Most Unusual Landmarks in the U.S.
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $3599 -- Suite: 10-Nt. Award-Winning Asia Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $9.10 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $912* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $1195* & up -- Summer Fare Sale to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $802* & up -- Europe Summer Fare Sale from the U.S., R/TAir France