Enjoy a picnic with our quick travel meal tips.
The proliferation of inviting prepared-food shops, chichi delis, boulangeries, and the like mean that you can cobble together a veritable feast without forking over a tip. Find a special sanctuary—a bench overlooking a canal, a low stone wall in a park, a shady and grassy spot under blossoming trees—and bring your Leatherman or other multipurpose slicing-and-bottle-opening tool.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $109 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel DealsSan Francisco Travel
- $198 & up -- Bahamas: 4-Star All-Incl. Beach Resort, 40% OffBookIt.com
- $199 -- Bahamas Atlantis in Spring incl. Air CreditAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $259 & up -- Oceanview: 4-Night Baja Mexico Cruise w/UpgradeCarnival Cruise Line
- $1799 & up -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $72 & up -- OR: Portland Hotels on Sale Through SpringFeatured Destination: Portland
* Some taxes, fees additional