Breezes Rio Bueno To Close: 7 Other Jamaica All-Inclusives To Try
Jamaica was the birthplace of the Caribbean all-inclusive resort, which is still the most popular vacation option here. While one of our favorites, Breezes Rio Bueno near Runaway Bay, is closing at the end of April, these seven Fodor's Choice properties are the other top all-inclusives in Jamaica. Several of these options, including all Sandals resorts, are open only to couples, so be sure to check the age restrictions carefully for children.
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort & Private Island
Four miles (6 km) east of the airport, this elegant resort—the most upscale of the three Sandals properties in MoBay—consists of Jamaican-style buildings arranged in a semicircle around attractive . . . Read more.
Start a conversation about elegant Jamaican resorts, and this quietly sophisticated hotel will surely be mentioned. A historic favorite with the rich and famous (one suite is named for guest Winston Churchill), this . . . Read more.
Dating back to the 1950s, when it was a getaway for Hollywood names, this small, adults-only resort was purchased in 2007 by Butch Stewart of Sandals and Beaches fame, but this boutique resort operates . . . Read more.
Breezes Runaway Bay
This moderately priced SuperClubs resort, which underwent an extensive renovation and expansion in 2007, emphasizes an active, sports-oriented vacation—including golf (at the resort's own course), a circus . . . Read more.
Sandals Whitehouse European Village & Spa
The newest Sandals resort in Jamaica and the first major resort on the South Coast, this property is one of the most upscale properties in the chain. The resort consists of several "villages" constructed with Italian . . . Read more.
Breezes Grand Resort & Spa Negril
Fancy touches at this resort are balanced by an expansive clothing-optional beach (including its own hot tub, bar, and grill), giving you one of Jamaica's best resorts, where it's fun to dress for dinner but equally . . . Read more.
Although encompassing just 2 tiny acres, this petite resort packs a lot of punch in its cliff-side location, drawing the Hollywood set as well as travelers looking for boutique-style pampering. Thatch-roof cottages are . . . Read more.
Photo Credit: Courtesy Sandals Royal Caribbean and Private Island
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- America's Best Wine Bars
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays