Spring Break Ski Savings Spotlight: Keystone, Colorado
Condo Steals and Dining DealsWith two great deals between now and the end of the season and a variety of lodging choices, Keystone is sure to have something to fit your needs, from studios condos and standard hotel rooms to townhomes and 5-bedroom chalets. For Spring Break On Us (March 27–April 9) lodging is buy-one-get-one-free, starting from $75 for a Forest Studio weekday. And Getaway in March (March 6–10 and 20–26) means that Forest Studios start at $132. Two top-tier restaurants with gourmet preparations of local fare are offering special $99 four-course meals for couples. The historic Keystone Ranch is a great place to get a taste of Colorado fine dining in a rustic setting (don't miss the Grand Marnier soufflé for dessert). For a unique on-mountain dining experience, riding the gondolas at night to the 11,444-foot Alpenglow Stube is magical, topped only by the impeccable Bavarian-inspired contemporary food such as wood-grilled Colorado lamb.
Transportation and Gear BasicsDenver's major airport is serviced by more than a dozen airlines, but remember to calculate baggage fees into your ticket price. It may be worth spending up to $50 more per ticket if the airline doesn't have checked baggage fees. Oversized fees may apply if you are traveling with your gear, but sometimes you can save a little by paying for your checked luggage in advance. TIP: To save money—and time—on rentals book them ahead online through rentskis.com. For the 95-mile drive to Keystone, consider an airport transfer shuttle like Colorado Mountain Express. If you are staying for a week, it can be a better deal than a rental car. Once at the resort, a free shuttle system connects the area.
March Magic: Seasonal ScheduleFor Foodies: Get there quick for Keystone Culinary Festival (March 4–6) and delicious events like wine tastings and chocolate classes. For Music Fans: In Keystone Village, the Warren Station Center for the Arts has a regular $5 Friday Night Concert Series (March 11, 18, 25). For Families: As part of Kidtopia (March 12–20), visitors can explore the impressive snow fort at the top of Dercum Mountain and enjoy family-friendly activities throughout the week. For Night Skiers: The lifts run until 8pm so you can get even more runs for your money. For Nature Lovers: Skiers and riders meet at 11am every Friday (through April 1) at the River Run Gondola for a mountain tour led by a naturalist from the Forest Service.
For More Information
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1225 & Up -- Waikiki: 4-Star Hilton Oceanview Stay w/AirApple Vacations
- $1528 & up -- Escorted 7-Nt. Sicily Splendors Land-Only TourApple Vacations
- $1419 & up -- Prague, Vienna & Budapest 7-Nts. w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com
- $999 -- 10-Nt. Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$150 Onboard CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $980 & up -- Beijing & Shanghai 6-Nt. Vacation w/AirTripMasters.com
- $799 & up -- Alaska 10-Night Cruises w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line