Happy Fat Tuesday! Recover the morning after with healthy java in New Orleans
Chicory was once used to stretch coffee supplies. Today, New Orleanians add the roasted root in their coffee to add richness and smoothness to the drink. Try it at CC's Coffehouse, French Market, Luzianne, and Café Du Monde. As a bonus, chicory is caffeine-free and has lots of healthy benefits, including being good for your liver, controlling blood sugar, reducing cholesterol, and boosting bone-mineral density. Plan Your New Orleans Trip.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1129 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1275 & up -- Rome, Florence & Venice 7 Nts. w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com
- $117-$133 -- All-Suite West Edmonton Hotel w/BreakfastHome2 Suites by Hilton West Edmonton
- $1199 -- 14-Nt. Panama Canal Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $138 -- Downtown Halifax Hotel w/Breakfast & Dinner, 30% OffHomewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown
- $679* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
* Some taxes, fees additional