Happy Fat Tuesday! Recover the morning after with healthy java in New Orleans
Chicory was once used to stretch coffee supplies. Today, New Orleanians add the roasted root in their coffee to add richness and smoothness to the drink. Try it at CC's Coffehouse, French Market, Luzianne, and Café Du Monde. As a bonus, chicory is caffeine-free and has lots of healthy benefits, including being good for your liver, controlling blood sugar, reducing cholesterol, and boosting bone-mineral density. Plan Your New Orleans Trip.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $479 & up -- Punta Cana Suite: 5 All-Inclusive Nights w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $499 -- 7-Night Spring Caribbean Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $279 & up -- Caribbean Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1141 & up -- Bahamas 5-Nt. Trip w/Air & Access to AtlantisApple Vacations
- $189-$249 -- San Diego 4-Star Hotel incl. Weekends, $100 OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- $161 & up -- Downtown Philly Hotel Sale w/Extras, 20% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
* Some taxes, fees additional