Plan a hiking trip to Joshua Tree National Park, where desert wildflowers are already blooming.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Yes, Spring is beautiful in Yucca Valley, Joshua and Morongo valley. Flowers bloom and the green starts to return
HOWEVER, as a person that has lived in this area for many years let me caution you about some things in the park.
1. Snakes. Yes, this is the home to rattlers and in SPRING is when they come out from those beautiful rocks you love to sit on for pictures. Be forewarned--there are gazillions of rattlers in this park. Keep the kids close to you and don't even think of letting the pooch wonder over, under and around the rocks. Also, not so much in the past few years, but Yucca Valley was/is the shakey-rocky area of the south Mojavie--If a little earthquake dosen't bother you then the constant tremmers you fell --daily in the park won't bother you. Just be aware that if it starts getting quiet and you see rocks rolling down from the top of larger boulders, look for a flat spot away from the high places.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $180-$199 -- SoCal: Carlsbad 4-Star Resort near LegolandSheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- $259 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 30%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $149-$169 -- Florida: Pensacola Hotel Spring Sale, 40% OffVisit Pensacola
- $1269 & up -- Castles of Ireland Multi-City Trip w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $109 -- SoCal: Carlsbad Hotel near Theme Park, 45% OffGrand Pacific Palisades Resort & Hotel
- $79 -- Oceanfront Suite at Myrtle Beach in Spring, 50% OffIsland Vista Resort