Plan a hiking trip to Joshua Tree National Park, where desert wildflowers are already blooming.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Yes, Spring is beautiful in Yucca Valley, Joshua and Morongo valley. Flowers bloom and the green starts to return
HOWEVER, as a person that has lived in this area for many years let me caution you about some things in the park.
1. Snakes. Yes, this is the home to rattlers and in SPRING is when they come out from those beautiful rocks you love to sit on for pictures. Be forewarned--there are gazillions of rattlers in this park. Keep the kids close to you and don't even think of letting the pooch wonder over, under and around the rocks. Also, not so much in the past few years, but Yucca Valley was/is the shakey-rocky area of the south Mojavie--If a little earthquake dosen't bother you then the constant tremmers you fell --daily in the park won't bother you. Just be aware that if it starts getting quiet and you see rocks rolling down from the top of larger boulders, look for a flat spot away from the high places.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $419 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line
- $94-$151 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $198 & up -- Aruba: 4-Star All-Incl. Sale w/Flight CreditBookIt.com
- $639* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $1999 -- China: Last Minute Luxe Yangtze River Cruise w/AirSinorama Holidays
- $139 -- Luxe Colorado Resort incl. Parking, 50% OffWestin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain