Leeward or Windward? Know which side of the island you want in the Caribbean.
Decide whether you want a hotel on the leeward side of an island (with calm water, good for snorkeling and swimming) or the windward (with waves, good for surfing, not good for swimming).
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- $167 & up -- 4-Star Westin NYC-Area Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport
- $218 & up -- D.C.: Chic W Hotel next to White House, 30% offW Washington DC
- $143 & up -- 4-Star Downtown Indianapolis Hotel, 35% OffThe Westin Indianapolis
- $1847 & up -- French Riviera 4-Star Trip w/Air, Car & ToursGreat Value Vacations
- $199 & up -- Bahamas: Weekend Cruises on Norwegian w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $359 -- Luxe 4-Diamond Phoenix Resort, 4th Night FreeArizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
* Some taxes, fees additional