Visit these Puerto Vallarta neighborhoods for charming walks.
For a walking vacation, stay in Old Vallarta or Marina Vallarta. This includes El Centro (with its hilly, cobblestone streets and excellent views) and the Romantic Zone south of the Cuale River (where you’ll find more shops, restaurants, hill-free walking, and Los Muertos beach). Hotels here range from inexpensive to moderate. Marina Vallarta, too, is a place you can stay relatively car-free, though a bicycle is handy. Hotels here tend to be more luxury-oriented.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Top 10 State Fairs in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Car Lover's Guide to Germany
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $57 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite w/Daily BreakfastPalace Resort
- $1011 & up -- 8-Nt. Costa Rica Volcano, Forest & Beach w/AirTripMasters.com
- $199 -- Hawaii: 4-Star Kauai Beachfront Resort, $110 OffKauai Marriott Resort
- $1538 & up -- Costa Rica: 6-Nt. Vacation w/Air & Boat TourGreat Value Vacations
- $1635 & up -- 9-Nt. London, Paris & Rome Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $3039 & up -- Cape Town Adventure w/Tours, Air & SafariGreat Value Vacations
* Some taxes, fees additional