Get the best spa experience by addressing concerns before your treatment begins
Before a massage, a good masseur/masseuse asks about tender spots or areas in need of special attention; during the massage, he or she also asks whether or not the amount of pressure is right for you. Before giving you facials, scrubs, or the like, diligent therapists go over what will happen during the treatment, address your concerns, and note special requests—like being checked on during a wrap or being left utterly alone. Don't hesitate to let your therapist know your preferences, even if you aren't asked. The mantra of "no pain, no gain" doesn't apply to your spa experience. Assert your wishes, and you'll be sure to get to that "ahhh" place.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 10 Most Unusual Landmarks in the U.S.
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $119 -- Wisconsin: Water Park Resort Suite thru SummerTimber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
- $1561* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1599 -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Night Trip w/Air, Save $580IB Travelin
- $2009 -- Sydney & Brisbane 6-Night Vacation w/Air, $325 OffDelta Vacations
- $183* -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into November, One WayVirgin America
- $54 & up -- Orlando Hotel Sale through Summer, Half OffBookIt.com
* Some taxes, fees additional