Cruise Checklist: 11 Must-Dos to Prepare for Your Trip
Member Comments (4) Post a Comment
We are traveling on RCI in March. Is it safe to take an Antigua excursion to an island? It requires driving through cities first.
Look for opportunities to book excursions in advance so they don't sell out! You can also order things in advance to be delivered in advance such as water, juice, soda or snacks. If it's a romantic trip...you can also order flowers!
Another tip: more and more cruise lines are offering online check in (this speeds things tremendously at check in) and online selction of specialty dining, shows, activities and shore excursions before you sail. In addition to allowing you to ensure you get the times you want, you will also get a better handle on the cost of extras BEFORE you sale. Most have a pretty liberal cancellation policy if you get onboard and decide you want to be more spontaneous or change your mind. You can usually cancel or change things around with no penalty but check that you won't be charged. (especially shore excursions) But if you do decide to cancel; do call ahead once onboard out of consideration for all those folks who waited till they get onboard to sign up and are waitlisted!
Excellent points! Sometimes, something as petty as not bringing along a plug adapter for our gadgets' chargers (cellphones, laptops, etc) may ruin the fun from our trips.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $149-$169 -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 25%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $15 & up -- Nationwide Car Rentals in Spring, 65% OffHertz
- $594* & up -- Fly to Ecuador from the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $606* & up -- Fly to Peru from Across the US (R/T incl. Tax)LAN
- $1329 & up -- Paris & Rome 6-Nts w/Air, Hotels & TransferEuropeanDestinations.com
- $56 & up -- Oceanfront room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 30% OffSea Watch Resort