Cruise Checklist: 11 Must-Dos to Prepare for Your Trip
Member Comments (4) Post a Comment
We are traveling on RCI in March. Is it safe to take an Antigua excursion to an island? It requires driving through cities first.
Look for opportunities to book excursions in advance so they don't sell out! You can also order things in advance to be delivered in advance such as water, juice, soda or snacks. If it's a romantic trip...you can also order flowers!
Another tip: more and more cruise lines are offering online check in (this speeds things tremendously at check in) and online selction of specialty dining, shows, activities and shore excursions before you sail. In addition to allowing you to ensure you get the times you want, you will also get a better handle on the cost of extras BEFORE you sale. Most have a pretty liberal cancellation policy if you get onboard and decide you want to be more spontaneous or change your mind. You can usually cancel or change things around with no penalty but check that you won't be charged. (especially shore excursions) But if you do decide to cancel; do call ahead once onboard out of consideration for all those folks who waited till they get onboard to sign up and are waitlisted!
Excellent points! Sometimes, something as petty as not bringing along a plug adapter for our gadgets' chargers (cellphones, laptops, etc) may ruin the fun from our trips.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays