Cruise Checklist: 11 Must-Dos to Prepare for Your Trip
Member Comments (4) Post a Comment
We are traveling on RCI in March. Is it safe to take an Antigua excursion to an island? It requires driving through cities first.
Look for opportunities to book excursions in advance so they don't sell out! You can also order things in advance to be delivered in advance such as water, juice, soda or snacks. If it's a romantic trip...you can also order flowers!
Another tip: more and more cruise lines are offering online check in (this speeds things tremendously at check in) and online selction of specialty dining, shows, activities and shore excursions before you sail. In addition to allowing you to ensure you get the times you want, you will also get a better handle on the cost of extras BEFORE you sale. Most have a pretty liberal cancellation policy if you get onboard and decide you want to be more spontaneous or change your mind. You can usually cancel or change things around with no penalty but check that you won't be charged. (especially shore excursions) But if you do decide to cancel; do call ahead once onboard out of consideration for all those folks who waited till they get onboard to sign up and are waitlisted!
Excellent points! Sometimes, something as petty as not bringing along a plug adapter for our gadgets' chargers (cellphones, laptops, etc) may ruin the fun from our trips.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $999 & up -- Hawaii: 7-Night All Island Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1940 & up -- 8-Nts. Rio, Iguassu Falls & Buenos Aires w/AirTripMasters.com
- $153-$188 -- Downtown LA Hotel incl. Weekends, 55% OffSheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel
- $2199 -- Luxe Tahiti 7-Night Cruise w/$300 Credit, $1200 OffWindstar Cruises
- $89 & up -- 4-Star Washington, D.C.-Area Hotel, 40% Off The Westin Alexandria
- $2499 -- Luxury Yacht: French Riviera 9-Night Cruise w/HotelWindstar Cruises