Cruise Checklist: 11 Must-Dos to Prepare for Your Trip
Member Comments (4) Post a Comment
We are traveling on RCI in March. Is it safe to take an Antigua excursion to an island? It requires driving through cities first.
Look for opportunities to book excursions in advance so they don't sell out! You can also order things in advance to be delivered in advance such as water, juice, soda or snacks. If it's a romantic trip...you can also order flowers!
Another tip: more and more cruise lines are offering online check in (this speeds things tremendously at check in) and online selction of specialty dining, shows, activities and shore excursions before you sail. In addition to allowing you to ensure you get the times you want, you will also get a better handle on the cost of extras BEFORE you sale. Most have a pretty liberal cancellation policy if you get onboard and decide you want to be more spontaneous or change your mind. You can usually cancel or change things around with no penalty but check that you won't be charged. (especially shore excursions) But if you do decide to cancel; do call ahead once onboard out of consideration for all those folks who waited till they get onboard to sign up and are waitlisted!
Excellent points! Sometimes, something as petty as not bringing along a plug adapter for our gadgets' chargers (cellphones, laptops, etc) may ruin the fun from our trips.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Hotels With Over-the-Top Christmas Decorations
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- $127* & up -- Cheap Flights to Portland, Ore. (R/T, w/Tax)Travel Portland
- $72 & up -- Portland Hotel Deals up to 55% OffTravel Portland
- $129 -- 3-Night Winter Bahamas Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $138 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel Holiday DealsSan Francisco Travel
- $95 & up -- Punta Cana: All-Incl. Beachfront Family ResortBookIt.com
- $2580* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand