Trim the fat from Tokyo's hi-tech vending machines.
Japan's vending machines, ubiquitous and indicative of the technology-rich culture, aren't exactly healthful—offering sugar-laden coffee, colas, and even alcohol. However, new machines are geared toward the health-conscious. Dole installed banana dispensers around Shibuya Station in Tokyo, targeting hurried commuters with no time for breakfast. The fruit is lightly refrigerated and gently lowered to the opening to avoid bruising. Single bananas and bunches are available.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel
- $79 & up -- New Orleans Hotel Sale up to 65% OffNew Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau
- $129 -- 3-Night Winter Bahamas Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $69* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $1329* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $138 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel Holiday DealsSan Francisco Travel
* Some taxes, fees additional