Trim the fat from Tokyo's hi-tech vending machines.
Japan's vending machines, ubiquitous and indicative of the technology-rich culture, aren't exactly healthful—offering sugar-laden coffee, colas, and even alcohol. However, new machines are geared toward the health-conscious. Dole installed banana dispensers around Shibuya Station in Tokyo, targeting hurried commuters with no time for breakfast. The fruit is lightly refrigerated and gently lowered to the opening to avoid bruising. Single bananas and bunches are available.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Washington State
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- $139 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Spain & FranceNorwegian Cruise Line
- $139 -- Fort Lauderdale 4-Star Hotel w/Breakfast, 45% OffSonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
- $732* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $1299 & up -- 9-Nts. Prague, Vienna & Budapest w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1235 & up -- 6-Nt Madrid & Barcelona Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $199 & up -- Boston: 3-Diamond Cambridge Hotel, 30% OffSheraton Commander Hotel
* Some taxes, fees additional