Trim the fat from Tokyo's hi-tech vending machines.
Japan's vending machines, ubiquitous and indicative of the technology-rich culture, aren't exactly healthful—offering sugar-laden coffee, colas, and even alcohol. However, new machines are geared toward the health-conscious. Dole installed banana dispensers around Shibuya Station in Tokyo, targeting hurried commuters with no time for breakfast. The fruit is lightly refrigerated and gently lowered to the opening to avoid bruising. Single bananas and bunches are available.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $1999 -- Luxe Western Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, 60% OffOceania Cruises
- $119 & up -- 4-Star New Orleans Hotel w/Drinks, 50% OffBookIt.com
- $89 -- 4-Star Minneapolis Hotel w/Breakfast & Wi-Fi, 50% OffThe Hotel Minneapolis
- $1499 -- 7-Nt. All-Inclusive Europe River Cruise, $2100 OffCMV River Cruises
- $109 -- Suite at Wisconsin Indoor Water Park Resort, 40% OffTimber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
- $135 -- Luxe Beaver Creek Resort near Vail incl. WeekendsWestin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
* Some taxes, fees additional