Trim the fat from Tokyo's hi-tech vending machines.
Japan's vending machines, ubiquitous and indicative of the technology-rich culture, aren't exactly healthful—offering sugar-laden coffee, colas, and even alcohol. However, new machines are geared toward the health-conscious. Dole installed banana dispensers around Shibuya Station in Tokyo, targeting hurried commuters with no time for breakfast. The fruit is lightly refrigerated and gently lowered to the opening to avoid bruising. Single bananas and bunches are available.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Best Beach Getaways for 2015
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $499 -- 7-Night Spring Caribbean Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $1029 & up -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Escape w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $39 & up -- Hotels in Mesa, Arizona up to 45% offVisit Mesa
- $699 & up -- Cancun 5-Nt. All-Inclusive Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $199 -- Bahamas Atlantis in Spring incl. Air CreditAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $772* & up -- Nationwide Winter Fares to Europe, RoundtripAir France
* Some taxes, fees additional