Trim the fat from Tokyo's hi-tech vending machines.
Japan's vending machines, ubiquitous and indicative of the technology-rich culture, aren't exactly healthful—offering sugar-laden coffee, colas, and even alcohol. However, new machines are geared toward the health-conscious. Dole installed banana dispensers around Shibuya Station in Tokyo, targeting hurried commuters with no time for breakfast. The fruit is lightly refrigerated and gently lowered to the opening to avoid bruising. Single bananas and bunches are available.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $72 & up -- Portland Hotel Deals up to 55% OffTravel Portland
- $89 & up -- New Orleans Hotel Sale into Fall, Save 50%New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau
- $89 -- Weekends at West Houston Hotel incl. BreakfastSheraton Houston West Hotel
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $789 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $102 & up -- San Francisco: 4-Star Hotel Holiday DealsSan Francisco Travel
* Some taxes, fees additional