Top Travel Contributors of 2010
2010 has come and gone and we've been crunching the numbers to bring you the Fodors.com 2010 Top Travel Contributors. We've been wowed by your telling trip reports, felt extreme wanderlust (and jealousy) over your great photo submissions, and are thankful for all of your real-time, on-the-ground advice that has helped both newbies and old-timers plan their perfect trips.
Without further ado, here is the list of 2010 Top Travel Contributors:
Top Commenter: janisj
Janisj contributed a staggering 3,864 comments last year (that works out to over 10.5 comments a day, quite an impressive average!)
Top Topic Starter: justshootme
Justshootme started 168 new topics in 2010. From airport layovers to choosing between sights, justshootme relies on the expertise of Fodorites like you to help plan great trips.
Well Traveled Top Photo Contributors: Ann Forcier, bbobo, and Nicki Geigert
- Ann Forcier's photo "Café Rive Droit on a rainy Parisian evening" was a runner up in our France contest and her photo "Alhambra" was a runner up in our Spain contest.
- Bbobo's photos "May I help you with your chopsticks???" and "Dinner Anyone?!?!?" were both runners up in our China photo contest and her photo "Impossible to resist!" was a runner up in our Share Your Europe! contest.
- Nicki Geigert's photo "View of Lava Flow from the Air" was named the Grand Prize winner in our Hawaii photo contest. Her photo "Mosque of Abderrama'n" was also a runner up in our Spain contest.
All of our top travel contributors will receive a copy of Fodor's 535 Best Beaches and a Random House hardcover or paperback book of their choice.
Thank you to everyone for a great 2010. We're looking forward to the travel tips, advice, and photos that you bring to Fodors.com in 2011 and beyond.
Photo Credits: Alhambra courtesy Ann Forcier, a Fodors.com user; May I help you with your chopsticks??? courtesy Bbobo, a Fodors.com user; View of Lava Flow from the Air courtesy Nicki Geigert, a Fodors.com user.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
WOW! What a great surprise!
This is awesome.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- America's Best Wine Bars
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways