Time for everyone to migrate: Follow gray whales south to Los Cabos for winter
Every December through March, gray whales swim 8,000 km (5,000 mi) south from Alaska’s Bering Strait to the tip of the Baja Peninsula. Up to 6,000 whales swim past and stop close to the shore at several spots to give birth to their calves. Whale-watching boats—most of them pangas (small skiffs)—must get permission from the Mexican government to enter whale-watching areas.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $82-$93 -- NYC Hotel near Times Square w/Wi-Fi, 60% OffBookIt.com
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $139 -- Fort Myers Resort near Sanibel Island, Save 35%Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
- $129 -- 3-Night Winter Bahamas Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $898* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $999 & up -- Hawaii Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
* Some taxes, fees additional