6 Best New York City Hotel Bars
Whether you are trying to avoid Times Square on New Year's eve, or simply looking for a relaxing cocktail after a day of sightseeing, these top Manhattan hotel bars are sure to quench your thirst. King Cole Bar at the St. Regis A justly beloved Maxfield Parrish mural of "Old King Cole" himself, as well as his psychedelic court, adds to the already considerable elegance at this romantic and essential Midtown meeting place. Try a . . . Read bar review. Bemelmans Bar at The Carlyle One of the greatest old-school cocktail spots in New York, Bemelmans Bar is less fancy-schmancy than the CafÃ© Carlyle (though still pricey). There's a mural by the author of the Madeline books, and a rotating cast of pianist-singers. Read review. Lobby Bar at the Bowery Hotel Combining Old World hunting-lodge elegance with the height of comfort, the spanking new Bowery sets a standard for what all hotel lobbies should feature: sofas you can get lost in, a grand fireplace, a beautiful . . . Read bar review. Lobby Bar at the Ace Hotel The Ace Hotel is the sweet spot du jour, with one bar in the eclectic lobby, another at the trendy Breslin restaurant, and also an outpost of Stumptown coffee if you need to sober up. Read hotel review. Oak Bar at The Plaza Eloise's adopted home on the corner of Central Park, the Plaza is back in the hotel game after a $450 million renovation...The Oak Room remains a lavish splurge, but the real joy is a drink at the Oak Bar, with its wood filigrees looking better than ever . . . Read hotel review. Rose Bar at the Gramercy Park Hotel Mega-hotelier Ian Schrager's properties are design temples, with chic lounges favored by jet-setters and locals alike. The new "haute Bohemian" Gramercy Park Hotel is Schrager's Manhattan outpost, with its popular—and pricey—Rose Bar and Jade Bar. The hotel also features a Roof Club that's open to the public. TIP: Call ahead to make sure the space is not booked for a private party. Read hotel review.
More on New York City
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- World's 10 Best Art Fairs
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $893* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $888 & up -- Trips to Hong Kong, China & Macau up to 65% OffChina National Tourism Office
- $60 & up -- Myrtle Beach Fall Deals, Save up to 20%Visit Myrtle Beach
- $135 & up -- Downtown Chicago 4-Star Hotel, Save 65%The Westin Chicago River North
- $99* & up -- Premium Economy Fares into December, One WayVirgin America
- $139 -- Boston: Holidays at 4-Star Hotel, 50% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
* Some taxes, fees additional