6 Best New York City Hotel Bars
Whether you are trying to avoid Times Square on New Year's eve, or simply looking for a relaxing cocktail after a day of sightseeing, these top Manhattan hotel bars are sure to quench your thirst. King Cole Bar at the St. Regis A justly beloved Maxfield Parrish mural of "Old King Cole" himself, as well as his psychedelic court, adds to the already considerable elegance at this romantic and essential Midtown meeting place. Try a . . . Read bar review. Bemelmans Bar at The Carlyle One of the greatest old-school cocktail spots in New York, Bemelmans Bar is less fancy-schmancy than the CafÃ© Carlyle (though still pricey). There's a mural by the author of the Madeline books, and a rotating cast of pianist-singers. Read review. Lobby Bar at the Bowery Hotel Combining Old World hunting-lodge elegance with the height of comfort, the spanking new Bowery sets a standard for what all hotel lobbies should feature: sofas you can get lost in, a grand fireplace, a beautiful . . . Read bar review. Lobby Bar at the Ace Hotel The Ace Hotel is the sweet spot du jour, with one bar in the eclectic lobby, another at the trendy Breslin restaurant, and also an outpost of Stumptown coffee if you need to sober up. Read hotel review. Oak Bar at The Plaza Eloise's adopted home on the corner of Central Park, the Plaza is back in the hotel game after a $450 million renovation...The Oak Room remains a lavish splurge, but the real joy is a drink at the Oak Bar, with its wood filigrees looking better than ever . . . Read hotel review. Rose Bar at the Gramercy Park Hotel Mega-hotelier Ian Schrager's properties are design temples, with chic lounges favored by jet-setters and locals alike. The new "haute Bohemian" Gramercy Park Hotel is Schrager's Manhattan outpost, with its popular—and pricey—Rose Bar and Jade Bar. The hotel also features a Roof Club that's open to the public. TIP: Call ahead to make sure the space is not booked for a private party. Read hotel review.
More on New York City
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 13 Family-Friendly Hotels for Your Next Big Vacation
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally | Fodor's
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- $119-$159 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $127-$169 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Dallas Hotel
- $2699 -- Yangtze River Cruise & Shanghai-Overnight w/AirSinorama Holidays
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $185 & up -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $92 -- Colorado: 4-Star Steamboat Springs ResortSheraton Steamboat Springs
* Some taxes, fees additional