Great Travel Gifts Part IV: Stylish Ideas
Chic travelers often stump the best gift-givers. Who really needs a leather passport cover? Don't worry. Here's a cheat-sheet for those on your list that appreciate a touch of first-class, even when they're flying coach.
Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream, $55
It's hard to sleep wedged between 26B and the drink cart. The next best thing to 8-hours of shut-eye is moisturizer. Lots of moisturizer. This 1 oz jar of goat's milk makes it past security and feels gloriously pampering as touchdown prep.
Ralph Lauren Cashmere Travel Set, $395
Skip the logo-splashed luggage, for those at the top of your list nothing says luxe like this cashmere trio. Everything packs neatly into the pillow that doubles as a carrying case, and when that cold cabin air starts to seep in, they'll be cocooned in cable-knits.
Sephora's Color Wand for Lips, $10
For some lip color a go go, try Sephora's wand of glosses; the small containers of sugar-plum color interconnect and come with dainty applicators. (Prefer lipstick over gloss? The six colors in Kat Von D.'s $28 Painted Love set aren't quite full size but they're definitely larger than samples—perfect for travel. The colors are universally flattering with just a hint of rock and roll to the palette.)
Laptop Case, $28
A classic trompe l'oeil—this case looks like a special delivery "par avion," but it really conceals a laptop. It's plush protection and safe camouflage all in one velcro-enclosed package. Pas mal!
Eddie Bauer's Embroidered Morningside fleece jacket, $79
Sure, this Ivory fleece is sporty. But—thanks to a fitted silhouette, contrasting trim, and delicate embroidered accents—it's also tailored and feminine. Pair it with jeans, snow boots, a down vest, and woolly accessories for a day of snowy sightseeing. Wear it with tailored black pants, sexy boots, and dangly earrings for après ski.
Photo Credits: Heather Grey Travel Set Courtesy Ralph Lauren; Undercover Laptop Sleeve Courtesy Flight 001.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- America's Best Wine Bars
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 15 Best Places to Drink Hot Chocolate in America
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways