Great Travel Gifts Part IV: Stylish Ideas
Chic travelers often stump the best gift-givers. Who really needs a leather passport cover? Don't worry. Here's a cheat-sheet for those on your list that appreciate a touch of first-class, even when they're flying coach. Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream, $55 It's hard to sleep wedged between 26B and the drink cart. The next best thing to 8-hours of shut-eye is moisturizer. Lots of moisturizer. This 1 oz jar of goat's milk makes it past security and feels gloriously pampering as touchdown prep. Ralph Lauren Cashmere Travel Set, $395 Skip the logo-splashed luggage, for those at the top of your list nothing says luxe like this cashmere trio. Everything packs neatly into the pillow that doubles as a carrying case, and when that cold cabin air starts to seep in, they'll be cocooned in cable-knits. Sephora's Color Wand for Lips, $10 For some lip color a go go, try Sephora's wand of glosses; the small containers of sugar-plum color interconnect and come with dainty applicators. (Prefer lipstick over gloss? The six colors in Kat Von D.'s $28 Painted Love set aren't quite full size but they're definitely larger than samples—perfect for travel. The colors are universally flattering with just a hint of rock and roll to the palette.) Laptop Case, $28 A classic trompe l'oeil—this case looks like a special delivery "par avion," but it really conceals a laptop. It's plush protection and safe camouflage all in one velcro-enclosed package. Pas mal! Eddie Bauer's Embroidered Morningside fleece jacket, $79 Sure, this Ivory fleece is sporty. But—thanks to a fitted silhouette, contrasting trim, and delicate embroidered accents—it's also tailored and feminine. Pair it with jeans, snow boots, a down vest, and woolly accessories for a day of snowy sightseeing. Wear it with tailored black pants, sexy boots, and dangly earrings for après ski. Photo Credits: Heather Grey Travel Set Courtesy Ralph Lauren; Undercover Laptop Sleeve Courtesy Flight 001.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $10.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $159 & up -- Tampa Hotels into May, Save 30%Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $309 & up -- Fort Myers Resort near Sanibel Island, 25% OffSanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa
- $150 -- Oceanfront Miami Beach Resort into Spring w/RebateBookIt.com
- $1199 & up -- Jamaica All-Incl. Beach Trip w/Air & TransfersApple Vacations
- $619 -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian w/ExtrasPriceline Cruises
* Some taxes, fees additional