Great Travel Gifts Part IV: Stylish Ideas
Chic travelers often stump the best gift-givers. Who really needs a leather passport cover? Don't worry. Here's a cheat-sheet for those on your list that appreciate a touch of first-class, even when they're flying coach. Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream, $55 It's hard to sleep wedged between 26B and the drink cart. The next best thing to 8-hours of shut-eye is moisturizer. Lots of moisturizer. This 1 oz jar of goat's milk makes it past security and feels gloriously pampering as touchdown prep. Ralph Lauren Cashmere Travel Set, $395 Skip the logo-splashed luggage, for those at the top of your list nothing says luxe like this cashmere trio. Everything packs neatly into the pillow that doubles as a carrying case, and when that cold cabin air starts to seep in, they'll be cocooned in cable-knits. Sephora's Color Wand for Lips, $10 For some lip color a go go, try Sephora's wand of glosses; the small containers of sugar-plum color interconnect and come with dainty applicators. (Prefer lipstick over gloss? The six colors in Kat Von D.'s $28 Painted Love set aren't quite full size but they're definitely larger than samples—perfect for travel. The colors are universally flattering with just a hint of rock and roll to the palette.) Laptop Case, $28 A classic trompe l'oeil—this case looks like a special delivery "par avion," but it really conceals a laptop. It's plush protection and safe camouflage all in one velcro-enclosed package. Pas mal! Eddie Bauer's Embroidered Morningside fleece jacket, $79 Sure, this Ivory fleece is sporty. But—thanks to a fitted silhouette, contrasting trim, and delicate embroidered accents—it's also tailored and feminine. Pair it with jeans, snow boots, a down vest, and woolly accessories for a day of snowy sightseeing. Wear it with tailored black pants, sexy boots, and dangly earrings for après ski. Photo Credits: Heather Grey Travel Set Courtesy Ralph Lauren; Undercover Laptop Sleeve Courtesy Flight 001.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $125 & up -- Vancouver Stanley Park Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $119-$159 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $1481* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $399 & up -- Ends 10/24: Caribbean Cruises w/Onboard CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $169 & up -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
* Some taxes, fees additional