Great Travel Gifts Part II: 6 Great Books for the Holidays
Whether you're looking for the perfect gift for a loved one, preparing for airport delays, or curling up by the fire to stay warm, we've picked our favorite new books for this holiday season. From stunning photos to tales of epic journeys, these reads are sure to get you in the traveling spirit. 535 Best Beaches, $18.99 By Fodor's Editors An essential guide for any beach bum, this book rates our favorite beaches in the U.S., Caribbean, and Mexico—complete with tips, special features, and full-color photographs. The Fall of the House of Zeus, $25.99 The Rise and Ruin of America's Most Powerful Trial Lawyer By Curtis Wilkie Get a taste of Southern politics and locales, from Mississippi to Washington, D.C., with this legal thriller, which follows the high-profile career of trial lawyer Dickie Scruggs. For the Love of Italy Rural Pleasures and Hotel Estates, $60.00 By Marella Caracciolo; Photographs by Oberto Gili Get inspired for a tour of Italy's countryside in this collection of agriturismi (farmstay estates)—the full page photos are eye candy enough to make you want to book a stay. The Great Gardens of China, $60.00 By Fang Xiaofeng Learn the history, theories, and design concepts of China's spectacular gardens and the homes that accompany them in this beautifully photographed coffee table book. The Lunatic Express, $24.99 Discovering the World . . . via Its Most Dangerous Buses, Boats, Trains, and Planes By Carl Hoffman An adventurous journalist embarks on a round-the-world trip via the most perilous trains, the airlines with the deadliest statistics, and the bus routes that are most likely to have delays. Queen Hereafter, $25.99 A Novel of Margaret of Scotland By Susan Fraser King Royal watchers will love this passionate historical fiction, set on coast of Scotland during the reign of Queen Margaret.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- America's Best Oktoberfests
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- $233-$269 -- NYC: Times Square Hotel incl. Holidays, 35% OffThe Westin New York Times Square
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $115 -- Colorado: 4-Star Steamboat Springs ResortSheraton Steamboat Springs
- $119-$129 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $219 & up -- Toronto Harbourfront Hotel w/Parking, Save $50Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $999 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
* Some taxes, fees additional