Great Travel Gifts Part II: 6 Great Books for the Holidays
Whether you're looking for the perfect gift for a loved one, preparing for airport delays, or curling up by the fire to stay warm, we've picked our favorite new books for this holiday season. From stunning photos to tales of epic journeys, these reads are sure to get you in the traveling spirit. 535 Best Beaches, $18.99 By Fodor's Editors An essential guide for any beach bum, this book rates our favorite beaches in the U.S., Caribbean, and Mexico—complete with tips, special features, and full-color photographs. The Fall of the House of Zeus, $25.99 The Rise and Ruin of America's Most Powerful Trial Lawyer By Curtis Wilkie Get a taste of Southern politics and locales, from Mississippi to Washington, D.C., with this legal thriller, which follows the high-profile career of trial lawyer Dickie Scruggs. For the Love of Italy Rural Pleasures and Hotel Estates, $60.00 By Marella Caracciolo; Photographs by Oberto Gili Get inspired for a tour of Italy's countryside in this collection of agriturismi (farmstay estates)—the full page photos are eye candy enough to make you want to book a stay. The Great Gardens of China, $60.00 By Fang Xiaofeng Learn the history, theories, and design concepts of China's spectacular gardens and the homes that accompany them in this beautifully photographed coffee table book. The Lunatic Express, $24.99 Discovering the World . . . via Its Most Dangerous Buses, Boats, Trains, and Planes By Carl Hoffman An adventurous journalist embarks on a round-the-world trip via the most perilous trains, the airlines with the deadliest statistics, and the bus routes that are most likely to have delays. Queen Hereafter, $25.99 A Novel of Margaret of Scotland By Susan Fraser King Royal watchers will love this passionate historical fiction, set on coast of Scotland during the reign of Queen Margaret.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $1381* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $3084* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand
- $168 & up -- USVI: Winter Resort Sale incl. Flight CreditsBookIt.com
- $93-$109 -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Resort, Save 65%Westin Snowmass Resort
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
* Some taxes, fees additional