Great Travel Gifts Part II: 6 Great Books for the Holidays
Whether you're looking for the perfect gift for a loved one, preparing for airport delays, or curling up by the fire to stay warm, we've picked our favorite new books for this holiday season. From stunning photos to tales of epic journeys, these reads are sure to get you in the traveling spirit. 535 Best Beaches, $18.99 By Fodor's Editors An essential guide for any beach bum, this book rates our favorite beaches in the U.S., Caribbean, and Mexico—complete with tips, special features, and full-color photographs. The Fall of the House of Zeus, $25.99 The Rise and Ruin of America's Most Powerful Trial Lawyer By Curtis Wilkie Get a taste of Southern politics and locales, from Mississippi to Washington, D.C., with this legal thriller, which follows the high-profile career of trial lawyer Dickie Scruggs. For the Love of Italy Rural Pleasures and Hotel Estates, $60.00 By Marella Caracciolo; Photographs by Oberto Gili Get inspired for a tour of Italy's countryside in this collection of agriturismi (farmstay estates)—the full page photos are eye candy enough to make you want to book a stay. The Great Gardens of China, $60.00 By Fang Xiaofeng Learn the history, theories, and design concepts of China's spectacular gardens and the homes that accompany them in this beautifully photographed coffee table book. The Lunatic Express, $24.99 Discovering the World . . . via Its Most Dangerous Buses, Boats, Trains, and Planes By Carl Hoffman An adventurous journalist embarks on a round-the-world trip via the most perilous trains, the airlines with the deadliest statistics, and the bus routes that are most likely to have delays. Queen Hereafter, $25.99 A Novel of Margaret of Scotland By Susan Fraser King Royal watchers will love this passionate historical fiction, set on coast of Scotland during the reign of Queen Margaret.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $118 -- 4-Diamond Calgary Hotel: Weekends w/ParkingWestin Calgary
- $119 & up -- Cleveland: Brand New 4-Star Hotel DowntownThe Westin Cleveland Downtown
- $101-$118 -- 4-Star Las Vegas Resort & Spa, Save 20%JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $59 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Fall Fare Sale, O/WVirgin America
- $155-$170 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $1199 -- Balcony: 2015 Alaska Cruises w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
* Some taxes, fees additional