11 Best Miami Restaurants
Hordes of art lovers will descend on Miami this weekend for the annual Art Basel event. The art show, Miami's burgeoning museum scene, and eye-catching Art Deco architecture are sure to satisfy those hungry for culture. For hunger of a different kind, head to Miami's top restaurants for everything from fresh local seafood to Cuban and Caribbean dishes. Whether you are jetting off for the art fair or planning your warm-weather winter getaway, these Fodor's Choice restaurants are the best taste of Miami.
From chef Clay Conley's exotically rendered Asian-Mediterranean cuisine to the thoughtful service staff who graciously anticipate your broader dining needs, Azul has sumptuously conquered the devil in the details . . . Read more.
The decor in this innovative, super-popular diner may remind you of a roller-skating rink—everything is pink Lucite, stainless steel, and campy (think sports lockers as decorative touches)—and the menu is 3 feet tall . . . Read more.
Legendary for its opulence, this restaurant has been wowing patrons in its present form since 1968. The Forge is a steak house, but a steak house the likes of which you haven't seen before. Antiques, gilt-framed . . . Read more.
When Cuban families want a home-cooked meal but don't want to cook it themselves, they come to this big, unassuming restaurant. In fact, you're likely to see whole families here, from babes in arms to . . . Read more.
This joyfully good and merrily buzzing new place is literally the only restaurant in Wynwood, an emerging neighborhood to the south of the Design District. But this new restaurant already has that rarest of . . . Read more.
Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
Though it's new, Michael's is already frequently cited as Miami's top restaurant. This indoor-outdoor bistro in Miami's Design District relies on fresh ingredients and a hip but unpretentious vibe to lure diners.. . . Read more.
Miami's homegrown star chef Michelle Bernstein made a huge splash with the shabby-chic decor and self-named restaurant on the north end of Miami's Design District. Bernstein serves exquisite French- and . . . Read more.
Palacio de los Jugos
This joint is one of the easiest and truest ways to see Miami's local Latin life in action. It's also one of the best fruit-shake shacks you'll ever come across (ask for a juice of—"jugo de"—mamey, melón, or . . . Read more.
Pascal's on Ponce
This French gem amid the Coral Gables restaurant district is always full, thanks to chef-proprietor Pascal Oudin's assured and consistent cuisine. Oudin forgoes the glitz and fussiness often associated with French . . . Read more.
For a good time with food, dial up Sra. Martinez. Michelle Bernstein's second restaurant (her, first, Michy's, is a must-visit for Miami foodies) opened in November 2008; the name is a sly take on her name—her . . . Read more.
Located in a glorified strip mall 5 mi north of South Beach, Timo (Italian for "thyme") is worth the trip from anywhere in South Florida. It's a kind of locals' secret that it's the best food in South Florida. The handsome . . . Read more.
More on Miami
Photo Credits: Art Deco South Beach Courtesy Visit Florida; tres leches by Alamy; cuban sandwich by istock; rice dish by shutterstock.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
PUHLEASE,Big Pink is a dump, roach laden bad food, not one redeeming characteristic. Somebody paid you to put this joke on your list.
on Dec 14, 10 at 12:43 PM
We're sorry you feel that way – Big Pink comes highly recommended from lots of our community members for inexpensive food and family fun. These specific highlights come from our local writers and staff editors: establishments recommended by Fodor's never pay a fee for inclusion.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays