Turkey: Avoid driving in Istanbul and other major cities
Urban streets and highways are frequently jammed with vehicles operated by high-speed lunatics and drivers who constantly honk their horns. You should also avoid driving on highways after dusk, because drivers often drive without their lights on, and vehicles are known to stop in the roadway in complete darkness. In the countryside, watch out for drivers passing on a curve or at the top of a hill, and beware of carts—very difficult to see at night—and motorcycles weaving in and out of traffic while carrying entire families.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $1698 & up -- 6-Night Ireland Package w/ChauffeurTourism Ireland
- $9 & up -- Holiday Gift Guide: Deals on 1000+ ExperiencesTravelzoo
- $2396* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $699 & up -- 4-Star Beachfront Punta Cana Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $64 & up -- Myrtle Beach One-Bedroom Oceanview CondoPrince Resort at the Cherrry Grove Pier
- $139* & up -- Nationwide Flight Sale on American, R/TAmerican Airlines
* Some taxes, fees additional