Europe's Top Public Squares
Member Comments (12) Post a Comment
Yes, Piazza San Marco and the Campo in Siena are outstanding.
I like Leicester Square for hanging out but Trafalgar Square is spectacular.
I really like Marienplatz in Munich also.
Piazza San Marco No place like it.
Zaragoza Spain is quaint and the area is loaded with historical sites
Rome's Piazza Del-Rotundo (Pantheon) especially at night when it is lit up.
& Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere....could sit in both Piazza's all day
The Campo in Siena with a close second being Trafalgar Square in London.
Rome's Campidoglio, designed by Michelangelo and Piazza Santo Spirito in Florence.
Budapest's Vorosmarty Ter or Liszt Ferenc Ter
I completely agree with Trafalgar Square in London. Not only do you have Nelson's column and the National Gallery, but you have a beautiful view of Big Ben. It's central to everything and truly stunning.
Old Town Square in Prague is probably my favorite, also, but I also love the Plaza Mayor in Madrid.
Piazza Navona in Roma. Beautiful statues, great people watching and surrounding back lanes are filled with restaurants and shops. Also love Campo in Siena and Piazza San Marco and main piazza on Lake Orta in Northern Italy.
Piazza di Spagna... I lived above the square and returned many, many times. It has a magical quality during all times of day and seasons of the year. Thrilling from any viewpoint.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2499 & up -- Tahiti & Fiji 23-Day Cruise w/Oceanview CabinCarnival Cruise Lines
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- $1205 & up -- Big Island & Maui 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $549 & up -- 7-Day Cruise to Adriatic Sea & Italy w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $999 -- Ireland: 4-Night Dublin Escape in Fall w/AirAer Lingus Vacation Store
- $79 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago