Portugal: Plan to shop
This is a country with a wealth of crafts—from superbly woven baskets to beautifully embroidered linens, to irresistible porcelain and pottery (you might want to pack your own Bubble Wrap and tape to get the latter home safely). Items made of cork, leather, and wood should make your list; so should port and other local wines. The fashion-design scene is thriving here as well: top names include Ana Salazar, Fátima Lopes, Maria Gambina, Manuel Alves, and José Manuel Gonçalves.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- World's 10 Best Art Fairs
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $155-$170 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $69 & up -- FL: 4-Star Panama City Beach Resort, 55% OffBookIt.com
- $299 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 30% OffSheraton Boston
- $179 & up -- Downtown LA Hotel into Fall, 45% OffSheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel
- $97* & up -- Toronto Fare Sale from Across the US, O/WToronto Escapes
- $1198 & up -- New Zealand Fares from LA w/Tahiti StopoverAir Tahiti Nui
* Some taxes, fees additional