Fodor's Yellowstone Guide Wins Award
Fodor’s Compass American Guides Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks was recently awarded the silver medal in the 2010 SATW Lowell Thomas Journalism Competition, the most prestigious competition in the field. The judges had this to say of Fodor’s Compass Yellowstone: "This guidebook is simply breathtaking. It is filled with the most amazing color photography that puts the traveler right in the middle of Yellowstone with a front-row seat to the beauty and challenges that await. Even the chapter on the area’s history includes beautiful old photos that show how earlier tourists enjoyed their vacations. But this book is not just about the photography — it is full of helpful and up-to-date details about sites to see, tours to take and places to eat and stay. It is well organized and covers activities that would appeal to the physically hearty and those less active. This book both looks great and features valuable information — what a winning guidebook should do." Click here to purchase a copy of the book.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Everybody should make at least one trip to Yellowstone in their lifetime. To see all the incredible wildlife (bison, black bear ....) is a wonderful experience.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- $1999 -- Australia's Rainforest & Wine Country w/4-Star AirQantas Vacations
- $539 & up -- Cabo San Lucas All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $329 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises on Norwegian w/ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $86 & up -- NYC: Manhattan Hotel near Times Square, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $849 & up -- Playa del Carmen 5-Star All-Incl. Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $159 -- Downtown Pittsburgh Convention Center Hotel, 45% OffThe Westin Convention Center, Pittsburgh
* Some taxes, fees additional