Great Britain: Save with sightseeing passes or memberships
These shave the high price of visiting castles, gardens, and historic houses. Some, including the Great British Heritage pass and the English Heritage’s Overseas Visitor pass, are for specific amounts of time from a week to a month. The National Trust’s pass must be purchased before your trip. If you’ll be spending time in Scotland, look into the Historic Scotland’s Explorer Pass or the National Trust for Scotland’s Discovery Ticket. The VisitBritain Web site (www.visitbritain.com) has information about these and other discounts; match what the pass or membership offers against your itinerary to see if you’ll save money.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $1999 -- China: Last Minute Luxe Yangtze River Cruise w/AirSinorama Holidays
- $125 & up -- Vancouver Stanley Park Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $1481* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $1049 -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksCelebrity Cruises
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort
- $779 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Incl. Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations