Great Britain: Save with sightseeing passes or memberships
These shave the high price of visiting castles, gardens, and historic houses. Some, including the Great British Heritage pass and the English Heritage’s Overseas Visitor pass, are for specific amounts of time from a week to a month. The National Trust’s pass must be purchased before your trip. If you’ll be spending time in Scotland, look into the Historic Scotland’s Explorer Pass or the National Trust for Scotland’s Discovery Ticket. The VisitBritain Web site (www.visitbritain.com) has information about these and other discounts; match what the pass or membership offers against your itinerary to see if you’ll save money.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit in 2015
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015