Great Britain: Save with sightseeing passes or memberships
These shave the high price of visiting castles, gardens, and historic houses. Some, including the Great British Heritage pass and the English Heritage’s Overseas Visitor pass, are for specific amounts of time from a week to a month. The National Trust’s pass must be purchased before your trip. If you’ll be spending time in Scotland, look into the Historic Scotland’s Explorer Pass or the National Trust for Scotland’s Discovery Ticket. The VisitBritain Web site (www.visitbritain.com) has information about these and other discounts; match what the pass or membership offers against your itinerary to see if you’ll save money.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 10 Most Unusual Landmarks in the U.S.
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1140 & up -- Barcelona & Rome 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $2011* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $2009 -- Sydney & Brisbane 6-Night Vacation w/Air, $325 OffDelta Vacations
- $2999 -- 7-Night Luxury Cruise to Tahiti on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $69 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Sale into Fall, O/WVirgin America
- $1119 & up -- Paris & Prague 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com