Family Travel: Involve Your Children in the Vacation Planning
Unusual destinations can become more interesting for children if you pique their curiosity. Show them maps and brochures of the area; rent movies or read books about it. Movie buffs-in-training will probably get a kick out of knowing about any films that have been shot there, and budding athletes are sure to like details about local sports heroes and pro teams.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- $20 & up -- Arizona: Lake, Grand Canyon & Sedona ToursVisit Mesa
- $8.55 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $499* & up -- Scandinavia & Europe Winter & Spring Sale, R/TScandinavian Airlines
- $1099 & up -- Cozumel: Weeklong All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $185 & up -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort
* Some taxes, fees additional