Switzerland: Pack smart
Bring a warm sweater. Even in July and August the evening air grows chilly in the mountains. And bring a hat or sunscreen, as the atmosphere is thinner at high altitudes. Glaciers can be blinding in the sun, so be sure to bring sunglasses, especially for high-altitude excursions. Good walking shoes or hiking boots are a must, whether you’re tackling medieval cobblestones or mountain trails.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 10 Best Doughnut Shops in the U.S.
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Things to Do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods