Switzerland: Pack smart
Bring a warm sweater. Even in July and August the evening air grows chilly in the mountains. And bring a hat or sunscreen, as the atmosphere is thinner at high altitudes. Glaciers can be blinding in the sun, so be sure to bring sunglasses, especially for high-altitude excursions. Good walking shoes or hiking boots are a must, whether you’re tackling medieval cobblestones or mountain trails.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Hotel Opening: London's Ham Yard Hotel
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1145 & up -- 6-Nt. Berlin & Prague Package w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1275 & up -- Rome, Florence & Venice 7 Nts. w/Air & TrainEuropeanDestinations.com
- $101 & up -- Puerto Vallarta All-Incl. Beach Resort, 50% OffHotel Riu Palace Pacifico
- $105-$115 -- Costa Rica All-Inclusive Beach Hotel, Save 25%Hotel Riu Guanacaste
- $1647 & up -- Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com