Colombia: Take a taxi whenever possible
As you tour the city, don’t be carefree about strolling around, even during the day, or about lingering in places at night. It’s simply not safe to do so.
Member Comments (3) Post a Comment
Taking taxi's is a good savings tip...but for safety? Come-on! Colombia is a safe place. Like anywhere you're going to have "opportunity zones"....you wouldn't visit Chicago by going straight to the projects...would you?
I had a great time in Colombia visiting Leticia, Amazonas, Cartagena and many other cities. I never felt unsafe. It's really a strange tip to give for a whole country.
Colombia is a country, not a city. What are you talking about?
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 5 Best Perks of Flying in Premium Economy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $161 -- Colorado 4-Star Vail Riverfront Resort, 65% OffThe Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
- $119 -- Orlando Resort Inside Disney w/Shuttles, 70% OffBookIt.com
- $769 & up -- Cancun: Iberostar Garden Bungalow Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $499 & up -- Ends 4/25: West Mexico 7-Night Cruises w/CreditNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1092* & up -- Fly to Argentina from Across the U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $125 & up -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria