Nicaragua: Tip appropriately
A tip is only expected at pricier restaurants, where it’s often included (look for servicio on the check). Since most servers receive only minimal compensation, even a cordoba or two is a nice gesture at cheaper restaurants. Taxi drivers aren’t tipped. Generally, any stranger who offers to do you a favor (like watch your parked car) expects a tip.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- 8 Cooling Beauty Products for Beating the Heat
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $95 & up -- Puerto Rico: Old Town San Juan Hotel, Save 15%Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel & Casino
- $2649 -- Australia 11-Nt. City & Beach Trip w/Air, $990 OffArtisan Traveler
- $638 & up -- Costa Rica Volcano & Beach 5 Nts. w/Air & CarTripMasters.com
- $1538 & up -- Costa Rica: 6-Nt. Vacation w/Air & Boat TourGreat Value Vacations
- $1647 & up -- Dublin & Giant's Causeway Trip w/Air & ToursGreat Value Vacations
- $2310 & up -- French Riviera 5-Nt. Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations