Nicaragua: Tip appropriately
A tip is only expected at pricier restaurants, where it’s often included (look for servicio on the check). Since most servers receive only minimal compensation, even a cordoba or two is a nice gesture at cheaper restaurants. Taxi drivers aren’t tipped. Generally, any stranger who offers to do you a favor (like watch your parked car) expects a tip.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Things to Do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit in 2015