Ireland: Know that not all pubs are created equal
To distinguish the real gold from the sparkling pyrite, look for a qualified bar staff (a uniform of white shirt and black trouser is often a good sign you won’t be waited on by a grubby student), at least one man over 60 drinking at the bar (he should know the good bars by now, right?), no TV, and no recorded music (a pub is a place to talk).
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- $140 & up -- Hawaii: Waikiki Hotel near Beach, Save 30%Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
- $89 & up -- Puerto Rico Hotel Deals for Spring up to 50% OffPuerto Rico Tourism Company
- $700 & up -- Top Europe Fare Deals on 4-Star Airline, R/TAir France
- $77 -- Downtown Montreal Hotel incl. Spa Passes, Save 45%Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa
- $850* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $99* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale, O/WVirgin America