Ireland: Know that not all pubs are created equal
To distinguish the real gold from the sparkling pyrite, look for a qualified bar staff (a uniform of white shirt and black trouser is often a good sign you won’t be waited on by a grubby student), at least one man over 60 drinking at the bar (he should know the good bars by now, right?), no TV, and no recorded music (a pub is a place to talk).
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $1248* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1481* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France
- $1999 -- China: Last Minute Luxe Yangtze River Cruise w/AirSinorama Holidays
- $239 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line
- $125 & up -- Vancouver Stanley Park Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- $1099 & up -- Cozumel: Weeklong All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations