Food Trucks in Los Angeles: Meals on Wheels
Gourmet food trucks have elevated the dining scene in Los Angeles, taking a once underground world and bringing it into the forefront with a whole lot of culinary panache. You can now enjoy organic hot dogs, gourmet cupcakes, South Indian dosas, and even Korean shortribs at 2 am.
Here are some of the favorites roaming around town. Check online to see where they are when your craving hits:
This Korean BBQ truck helped vault the gourmet food truck trend into a ravenous frenzy. Masses follow their whereabouts via Twitter updates, and then wait in line to try this Korean-fusion culinary fÊte. The company has grown since its arrival and its truck can now be found all over Los Angeles and even Orange County. Stop by one of their street locations in downtown or Silverlake for a taste of Korean short rib taco topped with sesame-seed salsa.
Let's Be Frank
This San Francisco transplant made its way to Los Angeles and has set up its fire-engine food truck in Culver City and Silverlake. Offering grass-fed and sustainable dogs (pork or beef) that are purchased from small family farmers, Let's Be Frank has a regular Thursday night gig outside of Silver Lake Wines, where you can enjoy a glass of sparkling Shiraz while eating a beef dog smothered in grilled onions.
The granddaddy of the cupcake craze has bought itself some wheels and is delivering its bite-size confections to those with an aching sweet tooth all over Los Angeles. Sprinkles cupcakes are beloved in this town and can now be tracked via Twitter. Try the popular chocolate-coconut variety or the classic yellow cake version with gooey chocolate frosting.
For more on where to eat in Los Angeles, click here for all restaurants in our destination guide.
Photo Credit: David Berkowitz/Flickr
You May Also Like
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $111 -- 4-Star Miami South Beach Hotel, Next Two WeeksHotwire.com
- $6797 -- British Virgin Islands 8-Nt. Villa, Save $971On the Rocks Villa
- $769 & up -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Escape w/Air & Spa CreditCheapCaribbean.com
- $499 & up -- Riviera Maya Resort & Marina All-Incl. w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $135 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Stay w/Ticket to Any Toronto EventThe Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
- $824* & up -- Brazil Flights from U.S., R/T incl. TaxesTAM Airlines