New Zealand: Navigate sheep talk smoothly
You might lose smarty points if you ask dumb sheep questions. "When do you cut their fur?" or "When do their tails fall off?" will elicit laughter: sheep have wool, not fur or hair, and their tails are cut off. You will also be considered quite tedious if you tell "sheep jokes." There isn’t one that they haven’t heard already.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Best Beach Getaways for 2015
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $499 -- 7-Night Spring Caribbean Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $1399 -- Queenstown & Christchurch Adventure w/Tours & CarTravelscene
- $72 & up -- OR: Portland Hotels on Sale Through SpringFeatured Destination: Portland
- $1199 -- NZ: South Island Wine & Wildlife Trip w/CarTravelscene
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $99 & up -- Condo: 4-Star Panama City Beach Resort, 50% OffBookIt.com