Denmark: Explore outside of Copenhagen, especially if you’re a Shakespeare buff
The surrounding countryside in the rest of Zealand is not to be missed. Less than an hour from the city, fields and half-timber cottages checker the land, and in the north you’ll find the Kronborg Castle of Hamlet fame crowning Helsingor. You’ll find beaches too—some chic, some deserted—all powdered with fine white sand.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Top 10 State Fairs in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Car Lover's Guide to Germany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1562 & up -- Iceland Holiday Trip w/Air & Northern LightsGreat Value Vacations
- $529 & up -- Riviera Maya: 4-Star Eco Getaway w/Air, 55% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- Up to 10% Off -- Europe Car Rentals through SummerEnterprise
- $1115 & up -- 6-Nt. Madrid & Barcelona Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $2310 & up -- French Riviera 5-Nt. Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $638 & up -- Costa Rica Volcano & Beach 5 Nts. w/Air & CarTripMasters.com