Moscow and St. Petersburg: Buy vodka
There are hundreds of brands of vodka in Russia. Some are rough and best left alone; two of the best are Flagman and Russky Standart. Alcohol counterfeiting, which can lead to alcohol poisoning, is a problem, so try to purchase vodka from a reputable-looking store or, if buying from a kiosk, check to see that the seal has not been broken.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Since strict labeling and Customs seals are required from stores with liquor sales licenses there is really is no problem with finding authentic vodka. Tourists would never find the back alley dealers of the fake stuff so counterfeit vodka poisoning is almost unheard of among visitors. General rule, if it is a regular store, it is legitimate.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- World's 10 Best Art Fairs
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $75 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Fares into 2015, O/WVirgin America
- $107-$149 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
- $724* & up -- Global Fare Sale on Award-Winning Airline, R/TTurkish Airlines
- $209 & up -- S.C.: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, 35% OffThe Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $2583* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $125 & up -- Downtown St. Louis Hotel, 60% OffSheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites