Fodor's City Walking Tours for iPhone: 10 Downloadable Tours
From Boston's Freedom Trail to La Rambla in Barcelona, walking tours are a perfect way to explore a city. Now your iPhone can double as a tour guide with 10 downloadable Fodor's walking tours each available for $1.99 at EveryTrail. You'll get turn-by-turn directions plus everything you need to know about great places to stop along the way.
To browse the 10 tours and purchase your download, visit EveryTrail.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
this is a ripoff! downloaded free app and bought barcelona tour. then they tell you that you need pro app to use off line without wifi or phone connection.
Thank you for being an early customer, and thank you for your feedback. Please allow me to clarify a couple of things:
Indeed there are feature differences between the free and the pro app, however the free app is fully functional. We outline on our site what is included in the free vs pro app: http://www.everytrail.com/iphone.php (click on the "compare to free version" link).
I do recognize that for international travel the ability to use offline maps is very useful, since it avoids high roaming charges. This feature is included in the PRO version, which is priced at $3.99.
We take customer feedback extremely seriously and we will re-evaluate the feature sets that we include in the free app and the pro app.
In the meantime I would suggest the following, assuming you are planning a trip to Barcelona in the near future: Open the Guide when you are on a wifi connection, for example when you are in your hotel. Once the maps have loaded, they will remain loaded on your screen as long as you stay on the Guide map screen in your app. Pls feel free to drop me a line if you have additional feedback. You can reach me at joost -at - globalmotion -dot- com.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- America's Best Wine Bars
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 15 Best Places to Drink Hot Chocolate in America
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways