Fodor's City Walking Tours for iPhone: 10 Downloadable Tours
From Boston's Freedom Trail to La Rambla in Barcelona, walking tours are a perfect way to explore a city. Now your iPhone can double as a tour guide with 10 downloadable Fodor's walking tours each available for $1.99 at EveryTrail. You'll get turn-by-turn directions plus everything you need to know about great places to stop along the way.
To browse the 10 tours and purchase your download, visit EveryTrail.
You May Also Like
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
this is a ripoff! downloaded free app and bought barcelona tour. then they tell you that you need pro app to use off line without wifi or phone connection.
Thank you for being an early customer, and thank you for your feedback. Please allow me to clarify a couple of things:
Indeed there are feature differences between the free and the pro app, however the free app is fully functional. We outline on our site what is included in the free vs pro app: http://www.everytrail.com/iphone.php (click on the "compare to free version" link).
I do recognize that for international travel the ability to use offline maps is very useful, since it avoids high roaming charges. This feature is included in the PRO version, which is priced at $3.99.
We take customer feedback extremely seriously and we will re-evaluate the feature sets that we include in the free app and the pro app.
In the meantime I would suggest the following, assuming you are planning a trip to Barcelona in the near future: Open the Guide when you are on a wifi connection, for example when you are in your hotel. Once the maps have loaded, they will remain loaded on your screen as long as you stay on the Guide map screen in your app. Pls feel free to drop me a line if you have additional feedback. You can reach me at joost -at - globalmotion -dot- com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- Spain: 6-Night Trip with Airfare & Tours, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $18 & up -- Baltimore: Admission to 9 Museums, up to 25% OffFeatured Destination: Baltimore
- $109 & up -- Oceanview Room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 25% OffCompass Cove Oceanfront Resort
- $1366 & up -- Ireland 7-Nt. Trip in Late Summer w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $1449 & up -- Balcony: Summer France, Italy & Spain CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- 7-Night Roundtrip Spain Cruise in SpringRoyal Caribbean