Holland: Try local Dutch brews.
The Dutch are especially fond of their pils, a light golden lager usually served with a large head. Locals claim that it tastes better if sipped through the foam, so asking for a top-up may offend. There are stronger beers, usually referred to as bokbier—typically seasonal, they’re made with warming spices in the winter. In summer, witte bier (white beer) is a refreshing drink, a zesty brew served cool with a twist of lemon. There’s almost nothing better than a beer and sandwich taken at a canal-side café.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $394 -- Balcony: 4-Night Bahamas Cruise on CelebrityCruise.com
- $165 & up -- Bermuda Hotel Sale w/Free Nights, up to 65% OffBermuda Tourism Authority
- $121 & up -- Downtown Philly Hotel Sale w/Extras, 20% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $127* & up -- Cheap Flights to Portland, Ore. (R/T, w/Tax)Travel Portland
- $169 -- 4-Star Sheraton Times Square Holiday Sale, 40% OffStarwood Hotels and Resorts
- $50 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotel & Resort SaleVisit Myrtle Beach