Holland: Try local Dutch brews.
The Dutch are especially fond of their pils, a light golden lager usually served with a large head. Locals claim that it tastes better if sipped through the foam, so asking for a top-up may offend. There are stronger beers, usually referred to as bokbier—typically seasonal, they’re made with warming spices in the winter. In summer, witte bier (white beer) is a refreshing drink, a zesty brew served cool with a twist of lemon. There’s almost nothing better than a beer and sandwich taken at a canal-side café.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2999 -- Spain: 7-Night Culinary & Wine Cruise on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $912* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $109-$139 -- Weekends at West Denver Hotel incl. Wi-FiSheraton Denver West Hotel
- $840* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $638 & up -- Costa Rica Volcano & Beach 5 Nts. w/Air & CarTripMasters.com
- $1647 & up -- Dublin & Giant's Causeway Trip w/Air & ToursGreat Value Vacations