Holland: Try local Dutch brews.
The Dutch are especially fond of their pils, a light golden lager usually served with a large head. Locals claim that it tastes better if sipped through the foam, so asking for a top-up may offend. There are stronger beers, usually referred to as bokbier—typically seasonal, they’re made with warming spices in the winter. In summer, witte bier (white beer) is a refreshing drink, a zesty brew served cool with a twist of lemon. There’s almost nothing better than a beer and sandwich taken at a canal-side café.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Things Not to Do on a Cruise
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best Safaris in the U.S.
- $2799 -- Luxe 8-Night Italy, Croatia & Greece Cruise w/AirOceania Cruises
- $1182 & up -- Ireland Spring Vacations, up to $300 OffTourism Ireland
- $819 & up -- Ends Monday: All-Incl. Beach Vacations on SaleCheapCaribbean.com
- $69 & up -- Virginia Hotels and Resorts on Sale, Save 50%Virginia Tourism Corporation
- $65 -- Orlando 1-Bedroom Villa at Water Park ResortLiki Tiki Village Resort
- $119 & up -- Toronto Harbor Hotel incl. Weekends, Save 40%Westin Harbour Castle Toronto