Japan: Get a Japan Rail Pass.
This pass offers unlimited travel on Japan Railways (JR) trains. A one-week pass is less expensive than a regular round-trip ticket from Tokyo to Kyoto on the Shinkansen. Note that you must obtain a rail-pass voucher prior to departure for Japan, and the pass must be used within three months of purchase. The pass is available only to people with tourist visas, as opposed to business, student, and diplomatic visas.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $3847 & up -- Greece: 9-Nt. Vacation w/Air & Island CruiseGreat Value Vacations
- $145 & up -- San Diego Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $75 & up -- Ocean View Room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 30% OffThe Caribbean Resort & Villas
- $519 & up -- Norwegian Getaway Caribbean Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $599 & up -- 5-Nt. Riviera Maya Vacation w/Air, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $129 & up -- Washington, D.C., Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago