Israel: Know when to visit religious sites.
Muslim sites are closed to tourists on Friday, the Muslim holy day. Avoid the Muslim Quarter of Jerusalem’s Old City between noon and 2 pm on Friday, when the flow of worshippers in the streets can be uncomfortable or even rowdy. Some Christian sites close on Sunday; others open after morning worship. Jewish religious sites, and some museums and historical sites, close midday Friday and remain closed through Saturday (the Jewish Sabbath).
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $50 & up -- Myrtle Beach Hotel & Resort SaleVisit Myrtle Beach
- $1379 -- South Ireland 6-Night Gold Package in AprilTourism Ireland
- $1299 & up -- Ireland Tour: Dublin, Killarney & LimerickTourism Ireland
- $19 & up -- Las Vegas Hotel & Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $1698 & up -- 6-Night Ireland Package w/ChauffeurTourism Ireland
- $1474 -- Greece & Turkey 12-Nt. Cruise w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet