Israel: Know when to visit religious sites.
Muslim sites are closed to tourists on Friday, the Muslim holy day. Avoid the Muslim Quarter of Jerusalem’s Old City between noon and 2 pm on Friday, when the flow of worshippers in the streets can be uncomfortable or even rowdy. Some Christian sites close on Sunday; others open after morning worship. Jewish religious sites, and some museums and historical sites, close midday Friday and remain closed through Saturday (the Jewish Sabbath).
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in NYC
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $196 & up -- 4-Star All-Incl. Aruba Resort w/Flight CreditBookIt.com
- $3525 -- Kenya Land-Only Safari incl. Masai MaraAfrican Travel, Inc.
- $1749 -- 14-Night Mediterranean Cruise w/ExtrasPriceline Cruises
- $959 & up -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $150 -- Oceanfront Miami Beach Resort into Spring w/RebateBookIt.com
- $1999 -- Australia's Rainforest & Wine Country w/4-Star AirQantas Vacations