Australia: Know how to read a menu
Down Under, entrée means appetizer and main courses are American main courses.
Member Comments (4) Post a Comment
question about TGV out of Paris de Gaulle, flight arrives 6:10am, how much time should i allow to clear passport control and claim baggage before catching TGV? 2 hours?
hors-d'oeuvre means "appetizer" in French
entrée means "entry" in French
Entree, as a French word, means appetizer in French. Why would anyone be surprised that that Entree means Entree?
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- $139 -- 4-Star Hotel at Boston Logan Int'l Airport, Save 30%Hilton Boston Logan Airport
- $199 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line
- $999 & up -- Hawaii Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $199 -- Maui 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, Save 50%Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
- $1532 & up -- London: 4-Star Vacation w/Tours & AirGreat Value Vacations
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona