Australia: Know how to read a menu
Down Under, entrée means appetizer and main courses are American main courses.
Member Comments (4) Post a Comment
question about TGV out of Paris de Gaulle, flight arrives 6:10am, how much time should i allow to clear passport control and claim baggage before catching TGV? 2 hours?
hors-d'oeuvre means "appetizer" in French
entrée means "entry" in French
Entree, as a French word, means appetizer in French. Why would anyone be surprised that that Entree means Entree?
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $118 & up -- Philadelphia Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $208-- Miami: New Luxury South Beach Hotel, Reg. $449The Redbury, South Beach
- $629 -- Balcony: 7 Night Cruise to Jamaica, Bahamas & MexicoMSC Cruises
- $109 & up -- New York City Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1029* -- Fly Nonstop to Fiji from West Coast, R/T incl. TaxFiji Airways
- $1394 & up -- Ireland: 6-Night Dublin Escape w/Air & ToursSceptre Tours