Australia: Know how to read a menu
Down Under, entrée means appetizer and main courses are American main courses.
Member Comments (4) Post a Comment
question about TGV out of Paris de Gaulle, flight arrives 6:10am, how much time should i allow to clear passport control and claim baggage before catching TGV? 2 hours?
hors-d'oeuvre means "appetizer" in French
entrée means "entry" in French
Entree, as a French word, means appetizer in French. Why would anyone be surprised that that Entree means Entree?
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Top 10 State Fairs in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Car Lover's Guide to Germany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $2799 & up -- Perth & Sydney 9-Nt. Escape w/Air, $650 OffDown Under Answers
- $1417 & up -- 6-Nt. Ireland Bed & Breakfast Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $3039 & up -- Cape Town Adventure w/Tours, Air & SafariGreat Value Vacations
- $98* & up -- Toronto: Summer Fares from Across the US, O/WToronto Escapes
- $2649 -- Australia 11-Nt. City & Beach Trip w/Air, $990 OffArtisan Traveler
- $2149 & up -- Luxe China River Cruise w/Air, $1100 OffVacances Sinorama