London: Take advantage of free museums and the city’s parks
Many of London’s best cultural attractions charge no admission, and the number of free museums is staggering. The British Museum, National Gallery, Tate Modern, Natural History Museum, and the Science Museum are a few from the top of the list (though there may be a fee for special exhibitions). You can dip in and out of these and then relax with the locals for free in Hyde Park, Regent’s Park, or others.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
As a UK tax payer I am hopeful that this will change soon.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1237 & up -- 6-Nt Tokyo & Beijing Package w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Queensland Trip w/Barrier Reef TourTourism and Events Queensland
- $219 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Times Square HotelSheraton New York Times Square
- $912* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $1140 & up -- Barcelona & Rome 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand