London: Take advantage of free museums and the city’s parks
Many of London’s best cultural attractions charge no admission, and the number of free museums is staggering. The British Museum, National Gallery, Tate Modern, Natural History Museum, and the Science Museum are a few from the top of the list (though there may be a fee for special exhibitions). You can dip in and out of these and then relax with the locals for free in Hyde Park, Regent’s Park, or others.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
As a UK tax payer I am hopeful that this will change soon.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Will 2015 Be the Year You Travel to Cuba?
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Playa del Carmen 5-Star All-Incl. Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $161 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 30% OffSheraton Boston
- $72 & up -- OR: Portland Hotels on Sale Through SpringFeatured Destination: Portland
- $1175 & up -- London & Paris 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $1141 & up -- Bahamas 5-Nt. Trip w/Air & Access to AtlantisApple Vacations
- $459 & up -- 7-Night Canada & New England Cruise on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Line