Barcelona on a Budget: 4 Tips for Saving
Barcelona is in the same league as other major European destinations in terms of cost. And depending on where the euro is (at this writing 1 euro = about 1.23 U.S. dollars), that exchange rate can take a bite. But remember that there are such things as discounts, and if you can live like a local you save like a local.
Although your pocket might feel the pinch, greenbacks can punch above their weight with a few well-chosen tips.
Save with a Card
The T10 card, the ArticketBCN card, and the Barcelona card all offer bundled discounts for museum passes, transit, and more.
Walk and use Pubic Transportation
Barcelona is definitely a city to explore on foot. Take the opportunity to stroll through the central neighborhoods, and when your feet get tired, take the metro instead of a taxi.
Hit Museums on Free Nights
Nothing beats "free," so if you’re a culture buff on a budget, plan your visits around the various free nights offered by local museums.
Fill Up Like a Local
There are so many ways to eat well in Barcelona and still save money: tapas, wine bars, and cafés all offer terrific casual foods that satisfy your taste buds and your wallet. And don’t forget to capitalize on a big, less expensive lunch to save money at dinnertime.
Member Comments (2) Post a Comment
the first sunday of the month, museums are free entrance, i think that discount cards are very useful if you plan to go to museums for example, in my situation we didnt buy it because we are not "museum" i recommend people to check this page http://www.world-rt.com/ because it was very useful for us to plan our holiday, full of local info written by a local guy
Barcelona is the pickpocket capital of the world. I was taken 5 minutes after I arrive downtown. The police told me that they get around 250 reports of pickpocketing each day and even more in the high season. So watch out!!!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- Fall 2014 Guide to Washington, D.C.
- $798* -- Exotic Cook Island fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1999 -- China: Last Minute Luxe Yangtze River Cruise w/AirSinorama Holidays
- $1381* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $169 & up -- Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star Hotel, $100 OffThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $1459 -- Hong Kong 5-Star Land-Only Trip w/Macau Day TourHong Kong Tourism Board
- $149* & up -- Ends 10/26: Mexico Fares into Winter, O/WVirgin America