Scotland: Beware the midge
Pack some insect repellent to deter this tiny biting fly if you’re traveling in the Highlands and islands in summer; the Highland midge is a force to be reckoned with. You might want to set out on a hike after a windy spell, when the creatures have been temporarily beaten back. Antihistamine cream is helpful in reducing swelling of bites you do get.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $239 & up -- Mediterranean Cruises incl. Italy & SpainNorwegian Cruise Line
- $119-$159 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $249 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $119-$149 -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 60% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston
- $699 & up -- Puerto Vallarta Beach Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $4299 -- Southeast Asia: 5 Cities Vacation w/ToursSinorama Holidays