Scotland: Beware the midge
Pack some insect repellent to deter this tiny biting fly if you’re traveling in the Highlands and islands in summer; the Highland midge is a force to be reckoned with. You might want to set out on a hike after a windy spell, when the creatures have been temporarily beaten back. Antihistamine cream is helpful in reducing swelling of bites you do get.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- America's Most Scenic Roads
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- San Francisco's 15 Best Views
- Long Weekend in Bar Harbor | Fodor's
- Ultimate Guide to Vienna's Coffee Renaissance
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $125 & up -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- $278 & up -- Manhattan Westin near Grand Central, Save 10%The Westin New York Grand Central
- $199 & up -- Baltimore 4-Star Inner Harbor Hotel, 40% OffSheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
- $197 & up -- Maine: 4-Star Portland Waterfront HotelThe Westin Portland Harborview
- $129-$169 -- Weekends at Atlanta 4-Star Hotel, 35% OffRenaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
- $579 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line