Scotland: Beware the midge
Pack some insect repellent to deter this tiny biting fly if you’re traveling in the Highlands and islands in summer; the Highland midge is a force to be reckoned with. You might want to set out on a hike after a windy spell, when the creatures have been temporarily beaten back. Antihistamine cream is helpful in reducing swelling of bites you do get.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $3015* & up -- Worldwide Business Class Fares (R/T w/Tax)ASAP Tickets
- $139 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $609 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $855* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $629 & up -- Weeklong Bermuda Cruises incl. ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $179* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America