Scotland: Beware the midge
Pack some insect repellent to deter this tiny biting fly if you’re traveling in the Highlands and islands in summer; the Highland midge is a force to be reckoned with. You might want to set out on a hike after a windy spell, when the creatures have been temporarily beaten back. Antihistamine cream is helpful in reducing swelling of bites you do get.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $1329* & up -- Fly to Australia from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $119 -- D.C. 4-Star Georgetown Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Graham Georgetown
- $199-$229 -- South Florida: Delray Beach Hotel, Save 20%Delray Beach Marriott
- $489 & up -- Southern Ireland Self-Drive TourTourism Ireland
- $159 & up -- LA: West Hollywood Hotel Deals w/ExtrasVisit West Hollywood
- $779 & up -- 4-Nt. Riviera Maya Escape w/Resort Credit & AirCheapCaribbean.com