Turkey: Use caution with tap water
Tap water is heavily chlorinated and supposedly safe to drink in cities and at resorts. It's best to play it safe if you can, however, and stick to bottled water. The same measures are usually not taken in rural areas or in eastern Turkey, so definitely stear clear of tap water in these places.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $928* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $249 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1099 & up -- Cozumel: Weeklong All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $869 & up -- Punta Cana: 4.5-Star All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $139-$159 -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. Holidays, 50% OffThe Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter