Peru: Drink like a local
Peru's national drink is the pisco sour, made with a pale grape brandy—close to 100 proof—derived from grapes grown in vineyards around Ica, south of Lima. Added to the brandy are lemon juice, sugar, bitters, and egg white. It is a refreshing drink and one that nearly every bar in Peru claims to make best.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to New Orleans Now
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- 10 Things to Do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit in 2015
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris