India: Dress modestly
Only children can get away with short shorts. Men should wear comfortable jeans or longer shorts. Women visiting sacred places should dress modestly and cover their heads before entering a Sikh temple or a mosque.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $139 & up -- Maine: Downtown Portland Waterfront HotelThe Westin Portland Harborview
- $294 & up -- Bahamas 'Atlantis' incl. $300 in CreditAtlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $183 & up -- LA: Hotel Near Universal Studios, 35% OffSheraton Universal Hotel
- $639 & up -- Puerto Rico: 4-Star Vacation w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $3525 -- Kenya Land-Only Safari incl. Masai MaraAfrican Travel, Inc.
- $169 & up -- 4-Star Westin Times Square Hotel, 25% OffThe Westin New York Times Square