Vienna: Watch out for that sneaky "bread & butter" charge
Most Viennese restaurants charge a small fee for each roll that is eaten. Increasingly, however, eateries are using a per-person cover charge, which includes all the bread you want, plus usually an herb spread and butter.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best Ramen Shops in the U.S.
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- $899 & up -- Maui 5-Night Beach Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $1847 & up -- French Riviera 4-Star Trip w/Air, Car & ToursGreat Value Vacations
- $134 & up -- Oahu: Waikiki Hotel near Beach, Save 40%Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
- $3799 -- 12-Night Alaska Cruise on Oceania incl. R/T AirOceania Cruises
- $449 & up -- Caribbean Cruise Sale w/Unlimited Drinks & MoreNorwegian Cruise Line
- $119-$169 -- Colorado: 4-Star Steamboat Springs ResortSheraton Steamboat Springs