Morocco: Avoid coming during Ramadan
The Muslim calendar is lunar, and dates for Ramadan and other religious holidays shift back 11 days each year. Non-Muslim travelers will probably want to avoid a visit at this time. During this monthlong fast all cafés and nearly all restaurants are closed during the day, and the pace of work is reduced.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $212 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 45% OffSheraton Boston
- $1639 & up -- Bangkok, Singapore & Hong Kong 9 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $89 & up -- Ends Sunday: Last-Minute Summer Fares, One WayVirgin America
- $199 -- Hawaii: 4-Star Kauai Beachfront Resort, $110 OffKauai Marriott Resort
- $2999 -- 7-Night Luxury Cruise to Tahiti on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $1119 & up -- Paris & Prague 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com