Russia: Try folk remedies
When Russians have a cold or cough, many drink hot milk with honey and butter in it before bed. They also recommend that you soak your feet in hot water mixed with a bit of dry mustard for ten minutes or so, then put on wool socks and go to bed.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Another remedie is drinking a large glass of vodka with salt and pepper to stop a cold. If you feel poorly whilst in Russia, ask a Russian for advice. He/she will definately have a suggestion for a folk remedie or tell you to take a trip to the local banya (Russian sauna).
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- $799 -- Balcony: Caribbean 7-Nt. Cruise w/All Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $3084* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand
- $769 & up -- Punta Cana: All-Incl. Family Trip w/WaterparkApple Vacations
- $4299 -- Southeast Asia: 5 Cities Vacation w/ToursSinorama Holidays
- $178 & up -- Holidays at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 40% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport
- $119-$149 -- Weekends: Houston Hotel near Galleria, 60% OffThe Westin Galleria Houston