Russia: Try folk remedies
When Russians have a cold or cough, many drink hot milk with honey and butter in it before bed. They also recommend that you soak your feet in hot water mixed with a bit of dry mustard for ten minutes or so, then put on wool socks and go to bed.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Another remedie is drinking a large glass of vodka with salt and pepper to stop a cold. If you feel poorly whilst in Russia, ask a Russian for advice. He/she will definately have a suggestion for a folk remedie or tell you to take a trip to the local banya (Russian sauna).
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 10 Best Doughnut Shops in the U.S.
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Things to Do in Orlando Besides Theme Parks
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- Ultimate Guide to Louisville's Hip Neighborhoods