Russia: Try folk remedies
When Russians have a cold or cough, many drink hot milk with honey and butter in it before bed. They also recommend that you soak your feet in hot water mixed with a bit of dry mustard for ten minutes or so, then put on wool socks and go to bed.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Another remedie is drinking a large glass of vodka with salt and pepper to stop a cold. If you feel poorly whilst in Russia, ask a Russian for advice. He/she will definately have a suggestion for a folk remedie or tell you to take a trip to the local banya (Russian sauna).
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Best Outdoor Music Venues in the U.S.
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- $459 & up -- 7-Night Canada & New England Cruise on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Line
- $159 -- Hip Los Angeles Hotel w/Parking & $25 CreditHotel Angeleno
- $729 & up -- Adults Only: Luxe Jamaica All-Incl. Trip w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $119 & up -- Toronto Harbor Hotel incl. Weekends, Save 40%Westin Harbour Castle Toronto
- $109 -- Jersey Shore: Historic Oceanfront Hotel, 50% OffThe Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
- $669 & up -- Aruba 4-Night Beach Getaway w/Air, Save $650CheapCaribbean.com