Russia: Try folk remedies
When Russians have a cold or cough, many drink hot milk with honey and butter in it before bed. They also recommend that you soak your feet in hot water mixed with a bit of dry mustard for ten minutes or so, then put on wool socks and go to bed.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Another remedie is drinking a large glass of vodka with salt and pepper to stop a cold. If you feel poorly whilst in Russia, ask a Russian for advice. He/she will definately have a suggestion for a folk remedie or tell you to take a trip to the local banya (Russian sauna).
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $5825 & up -- Bora Bora 5-Star Vacation w/Air, Kids Fly FreeTahiti.com
- $2345* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1726 & up -- Hong Kong, Bangkok & Phuket 9 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $1519 & up -- Singapore, Kuala Lumpur & Bali 6 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $5795* & up -- Business Class Flights for 2 on Luxe AirlineQatar Airways
- $309-$339 -- Suite at Waikiki Resort w/Beach Pkg., Save $200Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk