Russia: Try folk remedies
When Russians have a cold or cough, many drink hot milk with honey and butter in it before bed. They also recommend that you soak your feet in hot water mixed with a bit of dry mustard for ten minutes or so, then put on wool socks and go to bed.
Member Comments (1) Post a Comment
Another remedie is drinking a large glass of vodka with salt and pepper to stop a cold. If you feel poorly whilst in Russia, ask a Russian for advice. He/she will definately have a suggestion for a folk remedie or tell you to take a trip to the local banya (Russian sauna).
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $1500 & up -- Curacao 5-Night Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $772* & up -- Nationwide Winter Fares to Europe, RoundtripAir France
- $249-$269 -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club
- $1199 & up -- Jamaica All-Incl. Beach Trip w/Air & TransfersApple Vacations
- $1889 & up -- Tahiti 7-Nt. Escapes w/Air, Save $300Pleasant Holidays
- $254 & up -- South Florida: Delray Beach Hotel, Save 35%Delray Beach Marriott