Russia: Mind your feet
Shoes are particularly important in Russia and must be kept clean, even when the weather conditions make this diffi cult. In some museums, galleries, and palaces, such as the Tretyakov Gallery, you may be asked to put on plastic booties similar to the kind surgeons wear over your shoes before entering the gallery. When entering a Russian home, always remove your shoes at the entryway.
Member Comments Post a Comment
Be the first to comment!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Best Beach Getaways for 2015
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $772* & up -- Nationwide Winter Fares to Europe, RoundtripAir France
- $1169 -- New Zealand: Wellington & Napier Food & Wine TripTravelscene
- $1199 -- NZ: South Island Wine & Wildlife Trip w/CarTravelscene
- $479 & up -- Punta Cana Suite: 5 All-Inclusive Nights w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $99 & up -- Condo: 4-Star Panama City Beach Resort, 50% OffBookIt.com
- $799 & up -- Riviera Maya 3-Nt. All-Inclusive Escape w/AirApple Vacations